All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ibs Panic Attacks!
      #357896 - 04/19/10 10:17 PM
destiney44

Reged: 08/15/09

Hello, My name is Destiney and I am 15.
Everytime I get into a car,any car, I get so nervous of not making it to a bathroom. It gets very stressful. I'm even homeschooled because i'm scared to go there too. I don't ride in anyone else's car besides family, whom I am most comfortable with. I miss being in School, I missed my Freshman year, and I really dont want to miss my Sophmore.
Ibs has also made me depressed to a point where I just cry.
Please help? Advice, anything. Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ibs Panic Attacks! new
      #357901 - 04/20/10 04:13 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Been right where you are.

Have you gotten your IBS to a managable stage?
This is what I would do when at my worst.
Take toilet paper with me,know where every bathroom is,take extra clothes(just in case)ALWAYS carry Imodium or pepto bismal.Munch on safe breads and pretzels.Constantly.

That was until I found this site.Now what helped me get stable was to follow the EFI diet.Even after getting stable I still had panic attacks.I finally went to the doctor and got some anti anxiety meds.Low dose Lorazepam.
It really helped.That was two years ago and I only took it when totally stressed out and having a bad tummy day.

I maybe used one a month and only half a pill.I still have part of the bottle left.24 pills in two years and still have a few left.I can live with that.

I don't know if at 15 you can take them but I think you should talk to your doctor.

Have you been to the doctor to make sure that is what you have?
The hypno cds really helped too.
HTH
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#357912 - 04/20/10 01:49 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

I totally sympathize with you...my symptoms started when I was 8 years old and by the time I was your age, IBS was ruining my social life too. If only I had the knowledge I have now back then! I missed out on many sleepovers, birthday parties, school trips, dances, you name it....How's your diet? How long have you been dealing with this?

I'm totally serious when I say this, but I have a small portable potty in my car for my kids when we are on the road, and it gives me so much comfort knowing that it's there if I have to be in the car and away from bathrooms for any great length of time. I've never had to use it (knock on wood I never have to!), but just knowing that in an emergency it's there greatly reduces my anxiety. I also munch on "safe" crackers, etc....when I start to not feel well, as well as sipping on lots of water.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

#357915 - 04/20/10 03:54 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Bel, having a traveling potty really isn't all that unusal for IBS folk. There is a guy, Rick, who has an IBS website that is very good. He built a bathroom in his van, kind of like one in an RV, because of his fear. He is a very nice guy, and I have communicated with him. He stated to me that it is just peace of mind, and that he has only had to use it once or twice. You can see him and the van. Just do a search on Rick, IBS, van.

#357987 - 04/23/10 05:03 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi - do take a look at the hypnotherapy program - it was developed exactly for what you are talking about - I was almost housebound for many years. The author of the program, Michael Mahoney, has worked with students such as yourself - one gal had missed two years of high school due to IBS and he worked with her and she is now fine and finished college. So there IS hope. This program has worked for many IBS sufferers your age.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask - we are happy to help. You can also have your folks ask as well. You are not alone, hon. Take care.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review