All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What does everyone think about Lotronex?
      #348032 - 07/13/09 03:18 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

My doctor might try me on Lotronex but I am a little nervouse about it due to all the bad reports they have said about it. Although alot of people have tried it and it has helped them quiet well with their ibs issues. I go to my doctor tomorrow and am going to ask to try a new anxiety med first and I guess go from there. I just wanted to know what others thought about this med. If anyone has taken it how did it work for you and how long did it take to work. I have urgency issues which I am trying to find something to work. Right now I take immodium. I also have heard of the antibiotic Xifaxan which I might also ask about before the Lotronex. My doctor does seem to be very educated on the medicine though and I know he would keep a good eye on the med with me but still a little uneasy about it but at the same time wanting to try it. Please any advice or comments would help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What does everyone think about Lotronex? new
      #348550 - 07/28/09 06:34 PM
missmetal

Reged: 06/09/09

Hi - I have severe IBS and Crohn's Disease - I am glad I came across your post - my doctor is going to try me on Lotronex, too - this is a last resort before doing explatory surgery...I know your post is kind of old, but wanted to see if you ever tried it.

Re: What does everyone think about Lotronex? new
      #348551 - 07/28/09 07:27 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

No not yet kinda of waiting for it to be last resort also. Right now I am taking Librium 25mg a day for anxiety and 2 lomotil and just started taking Konsyl fiber 1tsp at night. So far this mixture has been working great for the last few weeks that I have been on it. My doctor wants to do a biopsy of my colon lining so we will see how that goes but if taking Lotronex would work to where I dont have to take all of this other stuff I would rather do that. I will just have to see where we go from here. My main issues are the urgency if I didnt have that I would be fine. I am a little nervouse about trying Lotronex but heck i have tried everything else and as long as it is carefully monitered I don't see the harm in it. Let me know if you try it. What are you taking now?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 679 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review