All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Would you wear this shirt in public?
      #338786 - 12/02/08 04:52 PM

Unregistered

http://www.zazzle.com/fukitol_pill_shirt-235266244230132549

It seems really funny and nice to wear on angry days,depressed days,hahahha.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

No. new
      #338791 - 12/02/08 06:10 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Believe it or not, there are still people who are offended by the use of bad language in public.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: *DELETED* new
      #338795 - 12/02/08 06:41 PM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

Post deleted by osbo54

Re: No. new
      #338796 - 12/02/08 06:56 PM

Unregistered

yes I do know..But maybe a person could wear it not caring if strangers have a problem with it. It's not my problem if some person is offended,hahah.

lol new
      #338798 - 12/02/08 08:18 PM

Unregistered

fukitol isn't a word,so it isn't swearing..maybe its suggestive..

yep new
      #338801 - 12/03/08 06:06 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

It sums up a lot and I am all for shocking certain people. I think I'll order one in every color.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: yep new
      #338803 - 12/03/08 07:20 AM

Unregistered

whose the certain people? I'd like to think its older people who frown at it or close minded parents..perhaps going into the place u work on your day off to get your paycheck,especially. My boyfriend doesn't know what to get me for christmass,so I told him I'd have a short list of items and he can chose one..Well this shirt is better than the necklace or dvds I wanted!

Re: No. new
      #338819 - 12/03/08 10:10 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

yes I do know..But maybe a person could wear it not caring if strangers have a problem with it. It's not my problem if some person is offended,hahah.

So you'd be fine with me getting into an elevator with you and smoking? You'd be fine with me littering? You'd be fine with me dumping my garbage in front of your house? You'd be fine with me jumping the line to get movie tickets or catch a cab? You'd be fine with me using ethnic, racial, and sexual slurs? You'd be fine with me saying ugly things about you to another person while you're listening? You'd be fine with me using foul language to refer to your mother or brother or child? Right? After all, it's not my problem if you're offended.

Part of living in a civil society is respecting other people. Yes, sometimes it's necessary to do things that offend others - for example, speaking out when you see a person doing something wrong - but I see no reason to offend others unnecessarily. There's enough anger, incivility, "I don't care about you" in society as it is. Why would you want to add to it? Buy the shirt, wear it at home or at gatherings with your friends who presumably share your taste in language. But why go out of your way to be offensive to total strangers on the street?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Would you wear this shirt in public? new
      #338829 - 12/03/08 11:40 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

NO. As a parent I would be offended as I would not want my child to read that type of language and let's face it they would be able to. I try not to expose them to things that they are not ready for. And since my son is 4 and CAN read I would hate to have to explain it to him. Isn't there other ways to be easy going and relaxed without being vulgar? Especially in a society where values seem to have gone by the wayside. I know it is people's rights to express there thoughts, but to me if you are intelligent enough to have an opinion, couldn't you find a more intelligent way of expessing yourself? Just my two cents since you asked!

Re: lol new
      #338830 - 12/03/08 11:50 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

And to comment that this isn't a real word, well come on now... we know what the intent of this is suppose to be. You know I teache 10 year olds and I have had my share of students who like to test the waters with "vulgar" words. You know what I tell them, I read a story a while back about Will Smith and how he wrote rap songs when he was younger. Well they were the gansta rap and his grandma got a hold of his journal. She told him that using that kind of langauge and talking that way about people doesn't make you "cool" or respected. He said she made such an impact on him that he changed the way he wrote rap songs. Well look how successful he is and he expresses himself just fine. (without the vulgarity!)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review