All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Back to School
      #314516 - 09/03/07 05:26 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Well it's back to school tomorrow. For all you teachers, good luck! Mom's how do you let go. My girls are in 4th and 5th this year, but have always gone to school with me. This year they are going to a new school and I'm dreading being without them. Yeah, I know should've cut that cord a long time ago. Just gonna miss them!

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back to School new
      #314525 - 09/03/07 07:53 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Good luck with the big start day of school. My son is starting Kindergarten this week and riding on a bus for the first time. I lived in a very small town growing up so I have never even taken a school bus myself! Also, my daughter will be starting her first-ever preschool next week. I can empathize with you! They grow so fast. And the cord thing...well, my son has gone to preschool for two years so you'd think it wouldn't bother me but it does. I guess we wish we could hold them close and safe their whole lives. Take pictures

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#314530 - 09/04/07 02:51 AM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

Thanks, at least I know how all my parents will be feeling this year (teach kindergarten myself). I guess with sharing custody with my girls father, I've always known I could see them at school. I could just walk down the hall and see them or get a hug mid-day. Going to miss that. I'll be taking picts before running out this morning. You'll love this...going through my oldest's backpack, found a picture of me. I guess their going to miss seeing me too.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

Re: Awwww new
      #314564 - 09/04/07 06:53 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

that's just too cute that your oldest took a pic in his backpack of you. I have a "first day of school" pic for both of mine since they started Kindergarten. This year they are in 4th grade and 7th grade and our camera broke on vacation so this will be the first year I have no first day of school pic I guess that was my way of cutting the cord It does go so fast. I can't believe my oldest has only 5 more years of school before college!!!! YIKES!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Awwww new
      #314573 - 09/05/07 04:27 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

It was harder for me to go back than it was for my boys. They were excited. My 7th grader is going to a new school this year. He had a tough year last year and we thought we'd give him a fresh start by switching his middle school. So far, so good. My 3rd grader always loves school.

The odd thing was that since I'm going back part-time this year, I got up and made breakfast for the boys. Tanner (12) said, "Wow, this is like a restaurant!" Can you tell I don't cook much!?

Missed my baby yesterday. Just glad it was 1/2 day.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Made breakfast on a school day???? new
      #314618 - 09/05/07 05:56 PM
LittleLisa

What the heck is that? OMG I'm lucky if my boys have enough time to eat breakfast! They sleep till the last minute that they can. They brush their teeth, come down eat cereal or TOASTER waffles, put their lunch (that I packed the night before)get their stuff in their backpack and the older one leaves with like 6 minutes to spare until the bus comes and the other one I go with him to his bus stop. Whewwww that was long winded huh. But maybe if I were a stay at home mom I'd make them breakfast....at least 2 or 3 times a week. I'd have to sleep in once in a while
My hubby is great though. He gets up when they do and makes sure they keep moving. I get up get ready for work and then take the youngest to the bus stop. I actually don't eat breakfast till I get to work due to my IBS issues Now you might think I have it better than hubby for morning routines but I really don't cuz in the winter......it's cold standing out waiting for the bus in a skirt and heels!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#314619 - 09/05/07 06:46 PM
Mother Rose 1234

Reged: 09/01/07

Kids do grow up so fast don't they?
)

It's not easy seeing kids grow-up.
But, it sure is fun and rewarding
to help them GROW in the right way.

We just got Rod and Staff curriculum
for first grade.
www.rodandstaffbooks.com

We also swung by the Teacher Parent supply shop
and acquired a tabletop dry erase and chalkboard.

Lilly loves writing her name.:o)

We may be going to California this year.
My husband may be taking a business trip there.
We might be able to go to Sequoia National Park.

I can just imagine how big Lilly's eyes will get
while seeing those huge trees!

I am glad I found this site for IBS!
I will defiantly need advice on eating while traveling.

Lord willing,
It's going to be a very fun and educational school year.

-Mother Rose

#314626 - 09/05/07 07:43 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Oh...that's precious that there was a picture of you in the backpack! You must be doing something right as a mom!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Made breakfast on a school day???? new
      #314633 - 09/06/07 04:37 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Yeah, it was so funny. And cool at the same time that he certainly didn't take a hot breakfast for granted! BUT, what we found is that for the last 2 days he hasn't been eating lunch and then going all day (including 2 1/2 hrs. of football prac. after school) without food. When I asked him why...he simply said he wasn't hungry! Ha! Back to cereal. He needs to eat lunch. We talked to him about how it's important to take care of his body or he won't be healthy enough to play football.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Re: Football practice new
      #314719 - 09/07/07 06:14 PM
LittleLisa

Ohhhh gosh that football practice is brutal isn't it?!?!? Our middle school kids have it EVERY day after school. Thank goodness my oldest isn't in football. He never wanted to join as he's only like 75lbs soaking wet and always said "I'd get killed in football!". Fine by me. That sport makes me nervous. Of course, not that baseball isn't. Hubby and him spent last night in the ER. He broke his finger sliding belly first into second base. Nice huh!!! He now misses his first fall game tomorrow He thinks he'll be fine for next weekend's game We'll see....

Yeah, I'd stop the big breakfast's too if he stopped eating lunch. Darn kids....what the heck are we gonna do with them!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review