All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Back from hubby's appointment and other news
      #261017 - 05/02/06 09:26 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

We got back today from hubby's U of M appointment. This doctor was great. She listened to everything he had to say and basically told us that she wasn't convinced that he had pulmonary hypertension. While he does display symptoms she actually said that his Echo were within the high end range of normal and that the one that wasn't there is a 5-10 degree variant of mistake. So she gave us some options. I won't go through them all but what we ultimately decided was to know for sure so he will have to have a heart cath. This will be done in about 2 weeks. It's outpatient and will take the entire day with the procedure only taking about an hour. We want sure answers and this was the best way. I am really praying that it is not this still. She said if it is then it is caught in the very early stages. However it's not something you want to have but I guess no disease ever is. I ask that you continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I know that I have been absent a bit but things have been crazy.

The other big thing is that I am 8 weeks pregnant right now. I have debating on whether to say anything but I figure what the heck. I have seen the baby's heartbeat and I am currently on Lovenox shots twice a day which I give myself. It's not as bad as I thought but then again I am coming with the attitude that the outcome will be so worth it. I was pretty sick a few weeks back but am feeling better just real tired. My IBS is driving me crazy and I am so C but things are starting to work out. Please please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and that this baby will be born healthy on Dec. 9! We haven't even told many close family members yet. Only our parents. I am waiting until Mother's Day weekend.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!~nt~ new
      #261026 - 05/02/06 09:41 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

good news all around! new
      #261028 - 05/02/06 09:43 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'm glad to hear the doctor took you seriously but doesn't seem too concerned. I'd probably also opt for a procedure that would give definitive answers. Let us know what you find out!

And that's great news about your pregnancy. Please keep us posted!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Back from hubby's appointment and other news new
      #261029 - 05/02/06 09:49 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I can not believe you kept your pregnancy a secret this long. Holy cow, we are due within a week of each other. I figure I'll be induced on the 8th so maybe we will even have our peanuts at the same time.

I hope the tests show your hubby is healthy and does not have pulmonary hypertention. Keep us updated on that.

#261033 - 05/02/06 09:56 AM
Angela E.

Heidi-
Believe me it wasn't easy especially when you e-mailed me and i knew we were about the same amount of weeks. But the past problems have kept me a bit fearful. I even had a hard time saying it today although I do believe things are going well. There is some debate on how far along I am because the date of my period only puts me at 6weeks. But when I had the ultrasound done we saw a heartbeat right away and the measurements put me at 6wks 3days. If they go by my lst period I would have only been 4 wks and there is no way we would have seen the heartbeat. Plus my symptoms are more in line with 8wks anyways.

#261038 - 05/02/06 10:06 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I can understand your fear. Is this the first time you saw the heartbeat since your son's ultrasound? That is a really good sign . We saw ours last Monday and it was certainly a relief but since this is #4, it made the reality a little too real lol. Was your last period a normal period or was it a little weird? It's possible that you were already pg and maybe it wasn't your period. Will they do another u/s in a few weeks to check again?

#261040 - 05/02/06 10:11 AM
Angela E.

No actually this summer I saw the heartbeat and then lost the baby a few days later. But I know now what was causing the miscarriages and that is why I am on the blood thinner. And no my period wasn't normal when I had it. It was only 4 days and really light. I have another appointment it 2 weeks with the doctor and we'll see what he says. I am being treated by a high risk maternal fetal medicine doc.

What wonderful news!!! We look forward to all of your updates!! -nt- new
      #261042 - 05/02/06 10:15 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#261054 - 05/02/06 10:44 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awesome! congrats on the baby angela!!

and take care of your hubby.. I hope everything works out well.

--------------------

Re: CONGRATS!!! new
      #261058 - 05/02/06 10:49 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, I had no idea you guys were even trying right now!!! Tell me how the shots are, I'll be on those too if I decide to try again!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

I hope you and hubby get the straight answer about his condition. I'll be thinking about you guys!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 230 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3280

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review