All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
      #176213 - 05/03/05 01:00 PM

Unregistered

So my internet boy just text messaged me and asked if I'd be up for getting coffee tonight. I know I must seem seriously lame but what do I do?! The whole dating thing and I are a bit unfamiliar and I've only been talking to this boy for like a week! Granted he seems very nice and trustworthy (yes, from what I've gathered only through his words) but still. I have no idea what to do and I realize why I avoid these situations all the time - I don't like to be put on the spot and uncomfortable.

So someone tell me what to do!!
AH!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO! new
      #176214 - 05/03/05 01:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm not sure what the dilemma is? Are you tongue tied and nervous or concerned about him being safe or both?

i'll repsond when I know whcih one to respond to

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

haha new
      #176215 - 05/03/05 01:05 PM

Unregistered

Good question. I suppose it's a combination of all the above. Considering that it has been a week is this a crazy thing to do in terms of safety?

Plus let's just face it I don't date like at all so then if I do go then I don't know what to do either - especially when it's someone who is pretty much a complete stranger.

Haha I think I'm confusing myself!

not to mention... new
      #176216 - 05/03/05 01:09 PM

Unregistered

That today I've heard about 3 previews for Montel's show today on the nightmares that come from meeting someone on the internet...including a lady whose daughter was molested by the man, and another where a girl was beaten in a car with her guy's belt. Is this a sign??

Re: haha new
      #176217 - 05/03/05 01:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

Can you make it a double date? I wouldn't want to go alone either!

I think that makes it safer on all accounts. And if he REALLY wants to meet you, he'll go for it. If not...his loss!

At least, that's what I would do! It can be scary meeting someone on the net! he should def. understand...

*hugs* Keep us posted!

P.S. If you like this guy...and you WANT to go on the date, you're gonna be GREAT and he's gonna love you! What's not to love Brittany!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO! new
      #176220 - 05/03/05 01:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Go to a busy place and make sure a friend knows where you are... and set a time that you will call him or her to let them know how you are.

Do you know what he looks like?

Also, for the 1st time... I would say, don't leave with him to anywhere.... and don't take the "normal" route home... just in case. NOT trying to scare you... just be on your toes.

Shane & I meet online and so did my Sister & her guy.... so it CAN work out....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: not to mention... new
      #176221 - 05/03/05 01:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

I don't know if it's a SIGN but PLEASE don't meet him alone.

I would bring a friend for security AND to see if the guy is a creep. AND I would meet in a public place.

Brittany, if you have a bad feeling about this though...don't do it! You don't owe anyone anything....do what you feel comfortable and happy about doing!

I know you'll do the right thing for you...but we're here if you need us!!!! *big big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: not to mention... new
      #176223 - 05/03/05 01:15 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

hmm, if you meet him I would advise meet somewhere public and not alone (ie bring a friend)

This is a very Irish qusstion but do you know anyone in common that could check him out eg do you know someone at his school etc?

I am a bad person to give advice on this...the only people I met from the Internet were Dalia and Tommy!

Maybe talk to him on the phone first??

OK I am useless...

--------------------
S.

Ok...... new
      #176225 - 05/03/05 01:17 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Set up a place and time to meet him. Tell him you only have an hour or so to hang out as you have lots of "thing" to do. That way if it doesn't go well you can leave. If it does go well, suggest getting together tomorrow or on the weekend.

Do you want to see him?

Also, don't forget that you're beautiful, funny and sweet and that he will like you in person.

Thanks Shell new
      #176226 - 05/03/05 01:17 PM

Unregistered

Well I appreciate the advice. And yes I do know what he looks like.

I can't wait to hear what my mom thinks of this....:)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 115 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18819

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review