All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
What's the best tea to drink for fatigue/cold symptoms?
      #148532 - 02/10/05 08:30 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I LOVE tea! We have red tea, black tea, white tea, and green tea LOL Whoich is best for immunity boosting? Anyone know? Thanks! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's the best tea to drink for fatigue/cold symptoms? new
      #148551 - 02/10/05 09:33 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey Ruchie,

i hope you are feeling better today. I think green tea is supposed to be better for immune system. If you have a cold try Celestial Seasonings Echinacea Complete Care it is a Eucalyptus Mint Flavor with Vitamin C and Zinc. Zinc is supposed to be good for immune system.

Feel Better Soon,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

I love Echinacea (sp?) Complete Care (with the little koala on the box) new
      #148556 - 02/10/05 09:45 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

My immune system tends to be weak and so far this season I've stayed well, think it's helping. GL!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Tissy, you have mail! n-t new
      #148558 - 02/10/05 09:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I drink Rooibos for fatigue... new
      #148564 - 02/10/05 10:23 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and so does Si now - he can't have caffeine really either! Love it. Echinacea is great stuff for your immune system - I take capsules of that and vitamin C. I find I REALLY need to boost my immune system with this DD as every tiny virus knocks me sideways!

Ruchie back atcha! You got mail!-nt- new
      #148583 - 02/10/05 11:13 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Ruchie new
      #148589 - 02/10/05 11:21 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

For fatigue I drink Yerba Mate tea or ginseng tea.

I have also started taking an herbal supplement with ginseng, bee pollen, wheat grass and kola nut in it. I have noticed a HUGE difference. Here's a link.

http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/product_item.asp?id=23

As for cold symptoms, I would drink ginger tea, lemon, or any herbal tea marketed for colds. Here:

http://www.naturesflavors.com/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=3152

I take a supplement called "Astragalus" to boost my immune system. It helps alot!

Thanks everyone! new
      #148613 - 02/10/05 12:18 PM
Snow for Sarala

I'm with ya Linz! I'm hoing detoxing will help...I'll let ya know how it goes. I've had 2 cups green tea, 2 cups blueberry tea, one cup Madagascar Vanilla Red (Roobois) tea. I am just guzzling the stuff! LOL Have you ever thought about going sugar free? Have you read anywhere this is good for fibro? I keep thinking I've read this...but I can't recall where. If you run across anything please let me know! You too Tissy! We have a box of Echinacea Wellness tea but it's so old it lots its smell So I guess I'll have to wait until I get to the store next to some more. I was pretty let down when I realized it had gone bad...I find echinacea really helps with immunity too!

Tina...how did you hear about this product? I've heard bee pollen is good for lots of things but that it needs to be the pee pollen from your specific region?
In any case, thanks for the info.! You're an excellent resource :-)

Thakns again *hugs* all around!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie, about sugar... new
      #148620 - 02/10/05 12:28 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

No problem Ruchie.

About that product, I saw it in the HF store, looked up the ingredients in my reference book and went back and bought it on my next visit.

About sugar. I know you haven't asked me about it but I want to give my 2 cents. I NEVER have sugar except for the occasional cholcolate that I have. It is extremely bad for you and I would try to eliminate it if at all possible.

Here's an interesting article about sugar. I'm sorry it's so long though...

---------------------------------------------------------

Sugar is an unnatural chemical

Why is sugar so devastating to our health? One reason is it is pure chemical and (like heroin) through refining has been stripped of all the natural food nutrition that it originally had in the plant itself. Sugar is first pressed as a juice from the cane (or beet) and refined into molasses. Then it is refined into brown sugar, and finally into strange white crystals C12H22O, that are an alien chemical to the human system.

Sugar is addictive

A second reason that sugar is so harmful is that like heroin it is addictive, and being delectable and seductive to the taste, it is also habit forming. Starting with sugar in the baby's formula, people not only develop a strong taste for sugar but an insatiable craving for it so that they never seem to get enough of this poison.

Slow but insidious

A third reason is that the damage sugar does is slow and insidious. It takes years before it ruins your pancreas, your adrenal glands, throws your whole endocrine system out of kilter and produces a huge list of damage.

List of Damages

We have stated that sugar is deleterious to your health: that it is more damaging than all other narcotics combined; that it is a long term chemical poison. Just what damage does sugar do to the human body? The list is endless.

Sugar is by far the leading cause of dental deterioration - cavities in teeth, bleeding gums, failure of bone structure, and loss of teeth. Sugar is the main cause of diabetes, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. It is either a significant or contributory cause of heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental illness, depression, senility, hypertension, cancer.

It has an extremely harmful effect in unbalancing the endocrine system and injuring its component glands such as the adrenal glands, pancreas and liver, causing the blood sugar level to fluctuate widely. It has a number of other extremely damaging effects on the human body.

Some of the other effects of sugar on the body are:

- Increases overgrowth of candida yeast organism
- Increases chronic fatigue
- Can trigger binge eating in those with bulima
- Increases PMS symptoms
- Increases hyperactivity in about 50% of children
- Increases tooth decay
- Increases anxiety and irritability
- Can increase or intensify symptoms of anxiety and panic in susceptible women
- Can make it difficult to lose weight because of constantly high insulin levels, which causes the body to store excess carbs as fat.

Yikes!!!

Re: Ruchie, about sugar... new
      #148725 - 02/10/05 04:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

Tina, that is SO weird! Before I took my nap I was gonna post to you asking you abou thtis but I got too tired

I notice even if I drink almond milk which has a bit of sugar in it I taste/feel the difference! I thought I was freak for being so sensative to the stuff...now I'm beginning to think I'm lucky!

Wow, I never thought about baby formula before...but it makes sense! And what about baby food? Yikes is right!

Do you know who worte the article? I want to send this off to some people...but they will want references.

I wish the article had been longer I think everyone should know how bad sugar can be. I have strong opinions about this because sugar has ruined my life in many ways! Ask my husband he'll tell you ALL about it! He's the one that first noticed my horrible eating patters when we were married several months.

As an anorexic child I lived on sugar. Pasta, ice cream, cake. Sugar was what kept me going with so little food in my bod. But now I get sick a lot (overdose of antibiotics--thanks doctors dumb! and too much sugar among other things I believe). And I am hoping that taking out sugar (among other things) will help me get to wellness. I will def. keep y'all posted!

Do you recall going off sugar? What it was like? How long you had detox symptoms, etc? When you say sugar...do you include fruits, carrots, white flour and the like? How do you stay IBS safe? (I eat a LOT of white and brown rice and millet. Maybe I should switch from white to brown...but for some reason I thought white rice was ok? I'm not so sure on this).

Anyway...thanks again Tina! Thanks for thinking of me and for bringing the article to my attention and hopefully other's as well. It's a scary thing the white stuff! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review