All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Breast Reduction
      #139286 - 01/17/05 09:02 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm just wondering if anyone here has ever had breast reduction surgery. I've got a consultation in April with a surgeon and I'm really nervous about the whole procedure.

I'm only 5'3 120 pounds and my breasts are a D so you can imagine how big they look!! I've been having back troubles for a few years now and have finally gotten up the courage to make a consultation appointment.

Anyone have any experiences with this they'd like to share?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Breast Reduction new
      #139291 - 01/17/05 09:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Kimm, I personally, am very flat chested but a girlfriend of mine had a breast reduction done. She was also a very small girl and was very large chested and complianed of back aches. She had the surgery done when she was 18, she is 35 now and said she has never regretted it! She says she feels so much better, both physically and mentally. She is a little upset because there was some scarring under her boobs but I've seen it and I really don't think its that bad at all. Besides, who is going to see the scar besides her hubby? Like I said, she had it done many years ago so they can probably do it now without any scarring at all but be sure to ask about that if you think it would bother you. I think if it will make you feel better, go for it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#139292 - 01/17/05 09:21 AM
Kimm

Thanks so much!! Did she say how the recovery was? I think that's the part that freaks me out the most.

#139299 - 01/17/05 09:46 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

If you are having back pain because of it, that's a pretty good reason. But I hear that the recovery takes a while and unfortunately is painful. Just have lots of painkillers on hand and plan on taking 2-4 weeks off work.

#139305 - 01/17/05 10:13 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, she did say for the first day or two she felt pretty bad. After that, she was sore for several weeks but said it was worth it and she would do it again!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#139319 - 01/17/05 11:05 AM
Kimm

Thanks....that makes me feel a little better

I would like to be on the table next to you for a potential transplant! new
      #139341 - 01/17/05 11:51 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

I have had several friends have breast reduction surgery and each and everyone is happy they did it!

my sister would love to get it done too! new
      #139347 - 01/17/05 12:13 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

She is VERY large in the chest! I'm not sure her cup size, but I know it's HUGE!! Poor girl has enough for me and my two other sisters to all be nice and curvy!!! It's no fair...she got these huge breasts and me and my other two sisters are not very big at all. I think my one sister barly fits into an A and my other sister was the same until she worked for a plastic surgeon and now she is HUGE too. I think she went TOO big! I'm not to bad I'm a B cup and now with being pregnant I'm getting bigger! We have a family joke that when my sister gets her's reduced me and my other sister will be there to take what she doesn't want!

But I do know how much my sister hates having these big boobs. It's painful and makes her look much heavier than she really is! She too complanins of back and sholder aches I'm happy with what I have and feel bad for those who have too much! What a painful thing to deal with. I hope she will get the surgery done someday!

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure it will be worth it! And your insurance will cover it too.

Take care!

--------------------

Re: my sister would love to get it done too! new
      #139364 - 01/17/05 12:59 PM
Kimm

Thanks!! Yes the surgery is covered by the government so I'm happy that I don't have to pay for it myself or else I'd never be able to afford it.

I'm looking forward to no more back aches (right now I usually have to come home from work everyday and throw an ice pack between my shoulder blades), fitting into a bikini top that I'm not popping right out of, wearing cute bras (not the ugly ones they make for us larger breasted women), wearing shirts that tie around my neck!! (usually I end up with a horrible head ache after about 15 minutes), wearing a strapless bra, wearing no bra and looking less heavy (cuz right now I'm all boobs it seems I have no upper body!!)...the benefits seem endless....

Re: my sister would love to get it done too! new
      #139390 - 01/17/05 02:30 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

So Kim, how small do you want to be? I think a c cup is perfect! I used to be an 'a' or 'b' when I was a teenager and that was just cruel. I'm a 36 C and I'd say it's plenty.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 52841

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review