All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 11/15/06
      #290173 - 11/15/06 08:59 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/15 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/15/06 new
      #290229 - 11/15/06 07:13 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

pre-breakfast: 3 ff saltines + bucket'o'pills
breakfast: piece banana bread
elevenses: 4 ff saltines
lunch: 9 ff saltines
dinner: 3 oz oven fries
snack: cinnamon muffin
liquids: 45 oz water

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#290254 - 11/16/06 08:08 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Oatmeal, blueberries + acacia
1/4 BIO-K+ probiotic (soy yogurt)
glass water

oatmeal raisin muffin
water

pita bread + tofutti cream cheese herb&garlic
water
2 egg whites

water + acacia

spaghetti with shrimp sauce

tostitos + salsa

strawberry applesauce + acacia
water + acacia

--------------------
Kat

#290255 - 11/16/06 08:25 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm doing a behavior modification approach, so I won't be posting what I eat just my point total and score. It's a pretty simple (although not easy!) system. I learn a new task, do it successfully for 7 days. (If I fail one day, the 7 days start all over again.) Once I do that task successfully for 7 days, I add a new task, do that successfully for 7 days, and so on.

Success is measured by points. I get points for my mistakes so the fewer points the better. Based on the points, I get a "grade" of Excellent, Good, Fair, or Start Again.

The first phase (task) was "Record Your Eating". I had to write down everything I ate and when, where, and with whom I ate it and be sure to do that within 15 minutes of eating. I've successfully completed that phase and am starting Phase 2.

That's "Regulate Your Eating". In addition to the Phase 1 recording tasks, I now can eat only at certain times and I must eat during those times. This works out to 3 meals (anything I can eat in one sitting) and 3 snacks (one food item and one beverage). (I also do a pre-breakfast of hot decaf tea and applesauce with Acacia since my tummy insists on it.)

The scoring ranges for Phase 2 are:
0: Excellent!
1-14: Good
15-29: Fair
30+: Start Again

Enough explanation. Here's my actual report:

Phase 2, Day 1
Score: 10 - Good

I also did the exercises I've set up for myself (except for being one short on the number of back stretches). I'm not going to admit to what they were, though, since compared to someone like Shell I might as well be a slug. But I figure, hey, I've got to start somewhere. And it was knowing I was going to be 'fessing up on here that got me motivated to do them. So, thanks, guys.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#290266 - 11/16/06 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

UFO = Unidentified Food Object (meaning not IBS safe for everyone, maybe even including myself, so I don't explain what it so that others THINK it is safe)

Acacia - 4oz Celestial Seasonings Zingers To Go Herb Tea, Wild Berry Chill w/3 teaspoons Acacia

Pre - Breakfast - 1/4 cup scrambled egg whites (from carton), 4oz Chocolate Almond Breeze Milk YUM-O!!

Breakfast - Toasted Nut 'N Cranberry Luna bar & water

Snack - 1/2 unsweetened applesauce, 3 reduced fat triscuts 6 reduced fat wheat thins & water not safe for everyone...be careful if you try them...I'm ok with a few...but if I have too many triscuts they give me gas and go right threw me!!

Lunch - 2 small french rolls with 2 sliced of Jennio turkey breast sliced thin from the deli counter on each one, fruit cocktail cup, 2 Ivin's Spiced Wafers (Thank you *Melissa*) & water

All I do is nibble around 3 sides of the roll, tear it open and put the turkey in... no knife needed! LOL The things you figure out to do when you eat lunch in your car everyday! And YES.....I also have instant hand sanitizer in there too! LOL

Snacks - small box of UFO's

At The Gym LOTS of water + 4 altoids

Acacia - 4oz Celestial Seasonings Zingers To Go Herb Tea, Wild Berry Chill w/3 teaspoons Acacia

Dinner - toasted english muffin, Lean Cuisine NOT safe for everyone & water

Snacks - snack size bag UFO & later a snack size bag of M&M's....(we still have BAGS of halloween candy)

Exercise - 60 mins kickboxing class, 15 min break, 60 min hip hop dance class.....I burned 1040 calories

Turbo Kick Box
Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Hip Hop
High-energy street dance movements performed to contemporary urban music.

--------------------

Shell, just curious new
      #290280 - 11/16/06 12:28 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I see you are a C but still eat the canned or cooked fruits (applesauce, fruit cocktail). Can you eat fresh fruits at all? Not even if they are peeled?

I thought C folks would need the fresh stuff...for some reason!

Thanks!

Oh, where do you find the celestial seasonings teas to go?? They are a cold beverage?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Shell, just curious new
      #290294 - 11/16/06 02:21 PM
Shell Marr

I can do fresh but the pre-packaged containers are so much easier for me and totally safe (I drain the fruit cocktail and also buy the lite syrup) . And if I do eat fresh, it is peeled, chopped or in the form of a smoothie...depending on what it is.

The CS teas are in the tea/coffee isle at the regular grocery stores....just be sure you only buy the "herb tea" there are only two kinds that don't have caffine.

Quote:

I see you are a C but still eat the canned or cooked fruits (applesauce, fruit cocktail). Can you eat fresh fruits at all? Not even if they are peeled?

I thought C folks would need the fresh stuff...for some reason!

Thanks!

Oh, where do you find the celestial seasonings teas to go?? They are a cold beverage?

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3320

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review