All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/18/06
      #239342 - 01/18/06 07:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/18 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/18/06 new
      #239585 - 01/18/06 04:24 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am sicker today and slept most of the day. I started on vitamins with breakfast and have been taking Zicam. Today I ate only 800 cals of food and 250 of juice or so. No exercise. The bad news is I finally weighed myself and I totally wish I had not!!! I weigh a lot more than I predicted. I haven't weighed in for a few months and since my clothes fit about the same I thought I couldn't have gained too much. I need to weigh again because I think something was fishy! Anyway I am trying to find lower calories choices for breakfast and lunch and trying to stay away from candy and desserts. I have a problem with cookies and brownies. Even when I make safe ones they are so many calories. I also want to exercise harder but already do it for as much time as I have. I am going to try to eek out more time when I get better and maybe exercise twice a day. It is very hard for me to lose weight because I already do everything I should pretty much and I need to eat so often. Please wish me luck!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 1/18/06 new
      #239661 - 01/18/06 08:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

breakfast: apple-cinnamon instant oatmeal w/ a little soy milk
lunch: big ol' salad, slice of bread
snack: 3 biscotti
snack: banana
dinner: turkey ham, 2 slices of lite garlic bread, green beans w/ onions
dessert: 3 biscotti

workout: nothin'

#239666 - 01/18/06 09:56 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar

oatmeal
toast

pureed peaches

flour tortillas (2)
strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

Luna Bar

Crispix
toast

chicken & mushrooms
candied sweet potatoes
mashed potatoes
steamed broccoli

vanilla soy ice cream

Crispix

#239667 - 01/18/06 10:13 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 937 calories ( 50 mintues Kickboxing) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2290 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Lunch: 403 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce (ate this 1st) and 6oz Tuna Low Sodium White Albacore mixed w/Light Mayo, 1/2 peeled and chopped Granny Smith Apple, Teaspoon Lemom Juice, 1/2 cup Mandarin Oranges & Water

Before Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

At Gym: 13 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 327 calories Stir Fry of 6oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 4 Crimni Mushrooms Crumbled , 1-1/2 cup no salt added canned green beans, 1 Tablespoon NEW Mrs Dash - Mesquite Grille 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1376 ......in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

REPORTING IN - 1/18/06 new
      #239671 - 01/19/06 12:15 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Well hello!

Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical, 15 minutes with weights (arm exercises only)

Breakfast: Oatmeal/oat bra with canned peaches (4 peach segments)

Lunch: None, really.

Dinner: White fish with my homemade fish sauce (Ultra Low Fat Mayonaise, crushed garlic, fresh lemon juice and some fat free italian salad dressing), rice, peas and corn.

Snack: At school, chocolate bar. Bad Stephanie!

Another pretty crappy day, I am falling off the wagon big time!

Tomorrow's another day again, though.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Now, now.... new
      #239680 - 01/19/06 04:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Steph, don't think of a chocolate bar as falling off the wagon. It seems like your calories are low enough the rest of the day that you can handle a little sin, haha... as long as you don't screw up your guts, of course.

*I* think you did fine today.

Re: Now, now.... new
      #239708 - 01/19/06 06:31 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast : a muffinm a small one though
Lunch: Small portion of penne pasta and rataouille and chili sauce mushrooms in work canteen
Snacks: some crackers, 4 gummi bears and one chocolate caramel. I got home late and had a hard day at work- so I hunted for CHOCOLATE and ate it(2 teenie bars that are 200 cals altogether- my tummy felt all gurgly and yuck afterwards as I wasn't at all hungry when I ate it), diet 7up (doesn't bother me )

Dinner: Went to wagamama and had Chicken Tama Rice (chicken tama rice
chargrilled chicken with egg, ginger and wine sauce, courgettes and shiitake mushrooms. served with japanese style rice )and a fruit juice

Exercise: None, working late and just shattered, have a sore throat/sinus thing going on too and my asthma isn't great so feeling just a bit wrecked.

So calorie wise I burned more than I ate (barely) but am not in the weight loss zone. No surprises. Must be good again.

--------------------
S.

#239741 - 01/19/06 07:34 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

cinnamon life w/ a tiny bit of lite soy milk
1/2 c apple sauce (unsweetened - always the case, but i realized i never say so)

1/2 fake bologna sandwich (on white, w/ reduced fat mayo)

microwave-baked sweet potato

oatmeal

mushrooms & tofu in hoisin sauce w/ white rice

amy's soy cheese pizza (2 servings - 3 per pie, 290 cal each )
teddy grahams

wednesdays are tough. i work till ten, and though i get dinner around six, i get home tired and hungry. i intended to only have one piece of pizza, but not-quite-full and tired and wanting to relax, i had another, and then the teddy grahams. (didn't even count those - straight from the box. probably at least two servings.) i think it also had to do with a generally low-calorie day until then. (after the nighttime eating, i think i was around 2100 or so calories.) so how to not have this happen again – make sure i eat enough during the day on wednesdays, and choose a more satisfying, less calorie-dense nighttime snack. (also, the soy cheese pizza, though delicious, probably shouldn't be bought again – even on a different day, it would've been hard to stop at one 290-calorie serving. it's also just higher fat than i need.) i did, though, to make up for things a bit, drag myself out of bed this morning, even though it was on less that six hours of sleep, for the gym, which i probably wouldn't have done without the pizza & teddy grahams. not a perfect fix, but making up for what i can.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#239758 - 01/19/06 08:10 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

1/2 c. chicken breast

anise/fennel
portabellini mushroom crumbles
field greens
broccoli puree
cilantro, chives, splash of balsalmic & veg. stock as vinaigrette

gf soy "original soy burger" www.solcuisine.com (I liked that it didn't aspire to mock meat in flavour--very flavourful!)
green swiss chard puree
portabellini crumbles
mache (cinnamon dijon dressing, & more cilantro & chives & Mc Cormick's Garlic & Herb seasoning)

Another "original soy burger" as a snack

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5144

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review