All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Top Weight Loss Tips????
      #236513 - 01/07/06 01:38 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am new to this board and was wondering if people would be willing to post their top weight loss tips for someone who is IBS-D and thus addicted to the safety of lots of white bread and who deals very poorly -- IE, anxiety like symptoms -- with being hungry.

I got some great advice on the diet board before I saw this one but am wondering if there are any weight loss pros out there with additional advice.

I am trying to do daily treadmill walk but it is bothering my hip. I am going to see a physical therapist next week to see if I can figure out what's going on there.

Thanks!

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Top Weight Loss Tips???? new
      #236576 - 01/07/06 07:39 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi amo! Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for but I posted this a while back and Shell just recently bumped it up so it remdined me of it: 10 strategies for successful bodyfat loss.

Particularly, eating smaller meals more often is really important - and good for your IBS too! That should keep you from being hungry and reaching for handfuls of white bread (trust me, I know the feeling!)

Also re: the treadmill. Good for you! Glad to hear you're seeing a physical therapist, but in the meantime, if you're having joint troubles with your hip, do you have access to a bike or a stationary exercise bike? Unlike the treadmill a bike is non-weight bearing (that is, you're joints aren't working to keep your body up since you're sitting down) so that might be a lot easier on your hip.

HTH

Re: Top Weight Loss Tips???? new
      #371107 - 04/12/14 09:19 AM
Drake

Reged: 04/12/14

there are certainly some changes to be done in your lifestyle for lasting weight loss I have joined Weight loss programs nyc for the purpose ....

Re: Top Weight Loss Tips???? *DELETED* new
      #372216 - 07/16/15 02:05 AM
ednachopin

Reged: 07/16/15

Post deleted by Heather

Re: Top Weight Loss Tips????/RECAP ON DIET REQUIREMENTS: new
      #372217 - 07/16/15 01:26 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

PLEASE READ ABOUT THIS DIET BEFORE POSTING:

7) Sub in nonfat Greek yogurt for mayo and sour cream—you'll save 700 cals and 100 cals per half cup, respectively.
NO DAIRY ON THIS SITE'S DIET

8) Eat peanuts from their shells. You'll nosh on 50% fewer nuts in a sitting just trying to peel before eating.
USE NUT/SEED BUTTERS "(SMALL AMOUNTS)

9) Chew on sugar-free mint gum after a meal. Mint flavors send signals to your brain that it's time to stop eating.
NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS "(STEVIA POSSIBLY). MINT MIGHT CAUSE HEARTBURN IN SOME FOLKS, THE EXCEPTION IS THE ENTERIC PEPPERMINT CAPS THAT ARE MEANT TO OPEN UP PAST THE RESISTED STOMACH ACID (TO CALM COLON SPASMS).

10)Snack on pistachios instead of pretzels.
WHITE WHEAT PRETZELS ARE USED ON THIS DIET (AS ABOVE, USE NUT/SEED BUTTERS-SMALL AMOUNTS)

12) Train fasted once a week. This helps the body to keep adrenaline high and blood sugar low.
HAVE TO KEEP COLON FILLED ON THIS DIET TO HELP PREVENT SPASMS

13) Try some supplements such as resveratrol or celastrol to help you
while doing enough exercise.[

GET REVIEWS ON SIDE EFFECTS OF SUPPLEMENTS @ WEBMD OR SIMILAR SITE PLEASE.

Edited by sgcray (07/16/15 01:38 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7578

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review