All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eeeek!! White Tongue!
      #89660 - 07/14/04 04:43 AM
Sweetypie

Reged: 07/12/04

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but since Monday I've had a white coated tongue. Last night it was pretty bad, and some of the skin started to peel off, yuck!
My tongue feels really gross, and it feels weird to swallow. This morning when I woke up, it felt like I had no taste buds, my stomach is really upset, and I also have a bad taste in my mouth. On the sides of my tongue, it looks like there are teeth marks ... not sure what's causing all of this, but it's so disgusting.
I drink a ton of water - so I definitely don't think I'm dehyrated.

Has anyone else experienced this?
what is the cause of this?

Thanks!

sp

Edited by Sweetypie (07/14/04 06:03 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Go to the doctor...it might be a yeast infection commonly known as "thrush" new
      #89664 - 07/14/04 05:04 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Re: Eeeek!! White Tongue! new
      #89723 - 07/14/04 07:24 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

are you taking any anti-biotics?

'furry tongue' is the side affect of a few. Mine was Green though

Re: Go to the doctor...it might be a yeast infection commonly known as "thrush" new
      #89728 - 07/14/04 07:32 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yes I had it once from antibiotics. Doctor gave me Nystatin to "swish and spit". Went through like 3 bottles of it before it went away! It was a pain!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Eeeek!! White Tongue! new
      #89763 - 07/14/04 08:14 AM
Sweetypie

Reged: 07/12/04

No, I'm not taking any antibiotics - I wish I was so then I'd know what's causing this.
It's not bothering me so much - just grossing me out. Although, it stings a bit to chew gum, as well as rinse with mouthwash.

I might run to the dr on my lunch break - I have a feeling he'll do a swab test.

thanks for the replies

you've got oral thrush!!! new
      #89987 - 07/14/04 01:31 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Welcome to the club!!!
I also permanently have teeth marks on the side of my tongue..these never go away for me (chinese medicine says these correspond to your large intestine which figures huh?)...but the oral thrush happens to me when I am ill (low immune system), or have been eating too many sugary things or simple carbohydrates which makes me believe that my ibs has something to do with candida (they fungus that causes thrush) overflow in my gut. I have recently tried to solve it with probiotics, but generally I just need to keep in good health.
the doctor can give you lozenges to suck..I just change my diet and lifestyle...
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE TEETH MARKS MEAN?????
It will go away, don't worry...but you should get it checked, it can cause problems if it spreads to your esophogus....
Good luck

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: you've got oral thrush!!! new
      #90000 - 07/14/04 01:50 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Are the white marks/spots anywhere other than your tongue (i.e. back of the throat, tonsils etc)? I only ask because sometimes mononucleosis can cause big white spots to develop throughout your mouth that can look like oral thrush. I had that once and it was pretty scary...so if it's on your tonsils or the back of your throat or really painful to swallow, you might want to check that out too

Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1784

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review