All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Wendys/McDonalds/Burger King and IBS
      #364770 - 05/16/11 09:43 PM
hudlander

Reged: 09/26/10

Sometimes, it is unavoidable, you are out of town, and must eat out.
Tonight, this was me.
I could not find anywhere to eat I felt was IBS safe.
I went to a local diner, asked for shrimp and rice, broiled, no butter.
They couldn't do rice because it was premade with butter, the shrimp I had gave me a reaction (I think was too oily).

I was SO mad.
Then I went online, and for the first time in years discovered Wendys/BK/McDonalds appear to be catering and sensitive to us IBSers.

They all offer grilled chicken sandwiches with no dairy, and low fat.
Granted, the buns and chicken aren't high grade (and they have some less known offenders like soy/hfcs/wheat) but they appear on surface to be a decent choice for when you are in a rush, out of town, and need something that will not kill you.

I wanted to know, have any of you tried Mc/BK/Wendys Chicken grilled sandwiches, and are the fine to have, when you MUST eat out of town?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wendys/McDonalds/Burger King and IBS new
      #364773 - 05/17/11 04:56 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I've always done fine with grilled chicken sandwiches from most places so long as it isn't every day. Your mileage may vary.

#364789 - 05/18/11 11:42 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

subway and quizos is a good safe choice the turkey with both places with safe veggies and some of of choice. A bag of baked lays or pretzels and water is what I always get. Grilled chicken baked sweet or regular pot at a steak house is fine as well.hth
emmasmom
ibs c

#364806 - 05/19/11 11:02 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

i have been afraid to get even grilled chicken at wendys b/c i wasn't sure of the fat from whatever else they cook in the same area...i've been in a pinch at lunch and i will get a plain baked potato and have them add some brocolli (sp)..it's not much but it gets me thru the workday...if i'm having a decent tummy day i will go to subway and get a toasted sub (chicken and lettuce) dry with french bread..sometimes i'll add alittle spicey mustard if i'm feeling brave..

#364814 - 05/20/11 06:11 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

The only thing I can eat from McD's is their fillet o fish.Weird I know it's deep fried I think .
If I am out on the town...which is rare...I always bring a bag of pretzels with me.If you need to go to any restaurant,baked potato is always a must and bread.
It's not that hard to find actual food,you can even hit the grocery store and pick up some sliced chicken,grab some buns and voila,dinner/lunch.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#364831 - 05/20/11 03:05 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

It's funny about the fried stuff, isn't it? At my worst, I could easily tolerate Popeye's fried chicken. Not braggin', just sayin'.

#364832 - 05/20/11 03:26 PM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

and at my worst...breakie out at a greasy spoon diner.
2 over easy eggs, 3 strips crispy bacon, 2 tomatoe slices and 1 slice rye toast with butter.
Next day?? IF I had a BM it was formed and no urgency and this from someone who could not make it 15 ft to the bathroom from the bed!!!!!

Go figure.....

--------------------
IBS-D

#364929 - 05/29/11 08:59 PM
hudlander

Reged: 09/26/10

Shockingly they do appear safe...one wonders if in 20 years eating out with IBS will be much easier...

#364943 - 05/30/11 07:13 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Who knows,IBS is so diff for everyone and even that changes on a daily basis it seems!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#364946 - 05/31/11 03:59 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I actually went to McDonald's last night for dinner. I had the honey mustard grilled chicken snack wraps. I ate 3 of them and a medium fry and didn't have any trouble whatsoever. The only thing I would watch for is on those snack wraps is there is a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese. I didn't notice it until I was on my third one. I kept my fingers crossed because cheddar cheese usually will do me in but it didn't. I noticed lately that I've been able to eat more things that I shouldn't be eating without any trouble. But maybe if anyone tries the snack wrap ask for it without the cheddar cheese.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review