Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Christmas cake in the oven!
      #352995 - 12/04/09 06:25 AM
pancake

Reged: 11/02/09
Loc: Essex UK

And the smelling is killing me knowing I can't eat it

Might go & spread some menthol vapour rub under my nose so that I can't smell it

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Christmas cake in the oven! new
      #353005 - 12/04/09 12:46 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Just too funny! I never thought of putting menthol rub under my nose so that I couldn't smell something 'to die for' coming from an oven! Great idea when I think about it.

Depending on what is in your Christmas cake, you might be able to adjust the timing of the soluable fiber before you eat a very THIN slice of the cake with a mug of Peppermint tea. Then again, I don't know what is in your cake that might cause you problems with and/or beyond IBS. You are the ultimate judge of that.

I use Heather's peppermint capsules and hour before eating or drinking anything. The next thing I put into my body is her Acacia fiber in a glass of rice milk. After letting that settle, I can eat solid food that is IBS safe, though occasionally I 'cheat' just a little with a small amount of something, and not have to suffer for having done so.

Now I don't suggest that you go out and eat a large shrimp, fresh avacado, and tomato salad on a bed of lettuce EVER! I did that about three weeks ago and paid for having done so like you would not believe. I learned my lesson, and hopefully I'll NEVER be tempted to do such a thing EVER again.

We learn our lessons where we learn them, and sometimes from 'The School of Hard Knocks'.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#353007 - 12/04/09 02:45 PM
pancake

Reged: 11/02/09
Loc: Essex UK

Oh this cake is bad, very very bad!

Butter, whole eggs, 1kg of dried fruit, brandy, it would bring on IBS just sniffing it

It took all the will power in my body to stop me licking the spoon & bowl

I work from home during the week so I might just try a small bit on Sunday eve, that way I have 5 days to recover!

Helen

#353009 - 12/04/09 02:53 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I would have already had a piece. lol

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 482 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1781

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review