All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fibercon Tablets
      #336964 - 10/13/08 03:55 PM
namakb

Reged: 04/26/08

Does anyone use these? I use Heather's Acacia three time a day. One dose in my oatmeal in the morning, 1 dose in apple juice before lunch and another dose in apple juice before dinner. I would like to substitute a tablet form for my dose before lunch at work. It would be much easier for me and I could cut down on the apple juice. I would like to know what success anyone has had using both types at the same time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fibercon Tablets new
      #336976 - 10/14/08 04:04 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I've tried Fibercon, but have become an Acacia convert - it just works better for me. I've recently begun mixing my Acacia in a water bottle and bringing that to work with me. That way I can drink it all day long. As an added bonus, my husband no longer asks to drink out of my water bottle either!

The Acacia dissolves completely in water when mixed well, and is completely tasteless. So the juice shouldn't be necessary.

Are you a D or a C? Because I've heard even non-IBS folks say that apple juice/cider gives them D. My guess would be that it's the high fructose content, which all of us (not just those that are diagnosed with fructose malabsorption) have a certain threshold for.

Just my two cents. Hope things work out for you

--------------------
IBS-C

#336977 - 10/14/08 04:19 AM
namakb

Reged: 04/26/08

I am IBS-C. The apple juice does not have effect on me. I do purchase the organic apple juice as I like the flavor better. My real concern is the calories from the apple juice. I do like the idea of putting the Acacia in the water bottle but I prefer to take my dose of Acacia so I know it has been taken. I need my three doses a day. It has been working really good for me. Do you know of any safe clear bottles I could use for water? I do need them clear because I have a stainless steel one but if I cannot see how much water is left I find myself not drinking as much as I should.

#337180 - 10/21/08 12:37 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I use generic Fibercon (Topcare) when I am out and about or at work. I keep a small tin of tablets in my purse so they're always handy. I take two just before lunch at work. At home, with breakfast and dinner, I take Benefiber. I've done this for about 3 years now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 814 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1520

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review