Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A Heather Question
      #333994 - 08/05/08 04:37 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Heather -
I'm at a crossroad between eating for IBS-C and candida/yeast. As you know, they are total opposites. I'm really battling the yeast right now, but my tummy/IBS feels so much better on your diet and eating vegetarian. However, I then end up with the carbs/sugar causing more yeast. I can't do soy, but enjoy everything else. Any suggestions as to which direction? Or, just try to do things like "good" veggies, chicken and fish?
Thanks for this wonderful website - life saving for many!
Blessings! Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A Heather Question new
      #334027 - 08/05/08 11:14 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Dorothy - what if you stick to the lower glycemic index soluble fiber sources, like root veggies, oatmeal, and brown rice? You definitely don't have to eat refined sugar, so that would help. It is a bit of a juggling act, but I think it's definitely possible. Using a soluble fiber supplment will also help keep you stable without adding any refined carbs.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: A Heather Question new
      #334056 - 08/05/08 04:38 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Heather -

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will certainly follow your suggestions.

Blessings - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 435 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 690

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review