All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Uk foodstuffs - soy milk etc
      #328344 - 04/16/08 05:47 PM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

I going to be based in the UK for 3 months and would love some help with IBS safe foods so I know what to buy when I get there. I don't want to spend ages trying different types. Can anyone suggest the best regular soy milk brand, (I mainly use it in decaf tea and on cereal) and non dairy cheeses, decaf T bags, pancake mix etc. Can you get soy milk in tiny tetra paks? I eat low fat and non dairy mainly. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

--------------------
IBS D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Uk foodstuffs - soy milk etc new
      #328378 - 04/17/08 09:06 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

i dont drink soy milk to be honest i tend to stick to rice dream - but both are widely available in our supermarkets over here now (thank heavens) where abouts are you going to be in the uk ? city or town ? If you can get to the healthfood store holland and barratt they have a range of dairy free cheeses in there - and all the other free from stuff! and our supermarkets tesco or sainsburys normally have a good range of free from stuff too xx if i can help anymore or loko into anything let me know xx

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

#328408 - 04/17/08 06:01 PM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

Thanks Jen, I am going to be all over the place Hampshire, off to Ireland, then Derbyshire, the Lakes so I should be able to find good supermarkets around. Over here, there are heaps of brands of Soy milk some of which are terrible so I was hoping to avoid trying heaps. We have very few decent dairy free cheeses. The best one is called Mini chol and is imported. I'll see if I can find where Holland and Barratt stores are located.

--------------------
IBS D

#328413 - 04/18/08 12:29 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

i think the one that tends to go best over here is Alpro. but then i have tried the supermarkets own brands and they havent been too bad but i prefer rice milk myself. cant help you with the cheeses cause i havent been brave enough to try them yet ( as in taste )lol but i know holland and barratt do do them. if you want to know anything else hun just shout xx

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 936

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review