All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chills and Sweating then a bowel movement part of IBS?
      #319688 - 11/28/07 03:51 PM
tomk

Reged: 11/15/07

Are these symptoms of IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chills and Sweating then a bowel movement part of IBS? new
      #319689 - 11/28/07 04:00 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

I have had instances where I have been sweating before and during a bad attack of D – whether or not it was a direct symptom of IBS, or it is a fear/stress response because it usually only happens when I'm having an attack away from home (though not always). I also have a low body temperature overall, my husband is always complaining that my hands and feet are freezing during the winter! Sometimes I get chills but I've always just attributed it to poor circulation.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#319695 - 11/28/07 04:46 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Sometimes I get the sweating when I'm about to have a bowel movement. Also sometimes I feel like I'm goin to pass out. Asked the Dr. about this and he said it is do to "dump syndrom". As you have a bm (goes through real fast) a certain nerve is being touched, and gives you the sweating and passing out feeling. Doesn't happen to often but hate when it does. This may go along with IBS, myself having proctitis with IBS/D , the Dr. says dump syndrom goes along with these quite often.
Not sure but have you been checked by your Dr. for IBS,Colitis, or IBD? take care Sue

sort of new
      #319765 - 11/29/07 04:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

getting rounds of chills and then sweats is a side effect of D or any kind of intense GI spasm. But anyone with D can and usually does get sweats and chills. Along with it you usually get lower back pain. It is all a reaction to strong impulses in the gut that the body does not like. You can also get that with vomiting.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#319778 - 11/29/07 07:20 PM
leahmarie

Reged: 11/28/07
Loc: Midwest

I think that might be part of your IBS. I know that I usually get sort of nauseated, really bad lower back pain, and intense stomach cramps right before I have a BM. If you find a way to relieve those symptoms please let me know!

--------------------
Leah-----
IBS-C predominant, gas, cramps, bloating, uncomfortable... oh and some colitis to top it all off

#319849 - 11/30/07 07:52 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

All I can say is that you're not alone. It used to happen to me all the time when I was having attacks...and yes, especially when I was out and "freaking out" also. Hang in there. It's awful but hopefully following Heather's guidelines will keep your attacks at bay so it happens less often or at least less intensely.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#319853 - 11/30/07 10:05 PM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

i'm not glad to hear others get this too however its nice to know im not alone or crazy lol... i get sweating and chills somethings.. i also get a weird feeling down to my feet? weird!

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#319896 - 12/02/07 08:10 AM
tomk

Reged: 11/15/07

Thanks for responding!! I thought I was having hypoglycemic attacks because the symptoms went away after I ate something. Now I know that it is probably IBS! The Bentyl or dicycloverine stopped the nausea, colon spasms, sweating and chills.This Medicine REALLY works for me and I am so thankful for it!! I had been suffering for years and years and now I know it is IBS. Been changing my diet; soluable fiber, oatmeal for breakfast with a banana. Now I know why I was hungry all the time. The food was moving so quickly through my insides from the spasms I always was hungry a hour or 2 after I ate. Also I do not see much undigested food when I go to the bathroom and it is much easier. Also drinking peppermint tea.I would like to correspond with you Pud but I can't send you a private message for some reason.
You are not alone. It is this screwed up American diet that is causing all this havoc! I am watching supersize today and I would suggest all should watch it; get it from the library.
Thanks again.
God Bless.
Tom.

#319917 - 12/02/07 07:01 PM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

i havent been able to send any private messages either.. if you have AIM or AOL you can reach me at PuddleOfL0ve

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#319929 - 12/03/07 05:21 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Yep, I can get chills and sweats from an IBS attack. Especially when cramping is involved. I can also get sort of weak and shaky.

/Ulrika

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 49237

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review