All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PMS
      #201456 - 08/01/05 01:43 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Guess what? Im starting the BTC diet tomorrow!! Mwhahhah, Im excited! But nervous as to what the end results will be. Well anyway, it just occured to me! My menstrual cycle is approaching very soon. I shouldn't post-pone the diet, should I?

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PMS new
      #201457 - 08/01/05 01:48 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

No, I wouldn't postpone it.

In fact, I am pretty careful about what I eat when I have my period. I learned the hard way last winter to be nice to my tummy when I'm on my period. (This was before I was stable.) Trust me, having an attack during the worst day of your period and having to deal with a normal work day is no fun.

#201458 - 08/01/05 01:51 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i'd say definitely don't wait! having my period is like it's own trigger - even before ibs my stomach was always *really* sensitive the first few days. even now that i'm closer to stable, and i think even when i'm as stable as can be, the btc diet (or the what-to-eat-when-you-can't-eat-anything diet) will always be my menstrual thing.

i heard somewhere that part of it is that the menstrual cramping (which gets bad for me) aggravates the nearby digestive muscles. whether that's true or not, my stomach is really sensitive when i have my period, and i couldn't imagine a better time to start eating super-safe.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#201460 - 08/01/05 01:53 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Yes, your very right. I honestly wouldn't want to postpone it anyway. I probably would still be bloated for a while, because I would actually be trying to break the cycle.
Alright, thanks. Can't wait for tomorrow.
And I'll be back eventually, with more questions. (Everyone knows that.) Haha. I think I've been hogging the boards the last couple of days.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: PMS/bloating new
      #201464 - 08/01/05 02:06 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i know i'm the hydration task-master or something but if you're talking about menstrual bloating, make sure to drink lots of water. it's like letting your body know it has plenty of water, so it doesn't need to retain any.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#201469 - 08/01/05 02:24 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You might actually want to do BTC for slightly longer...or at least be very careful with your diet when you go off BTC. Alot of people go on a safer diet when it's that time of the month as a safety measure.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1411 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 418

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review