All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
does anyone use immodium advanced and gasx at the same time and come out alright -nt-
      #137535 - 01/12/05 07:46 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: does anyone use immodium advanced and gasx at the same time and come out alright -nt- new
      #137536 - 01/12/05 07:50 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I've used Imodium and Gas-X together many times and have always been fine.

Re: does anyone use immodium advanced and gasx at the same time and come out alright -nt- new
      #137537 - 01/12/05 07:57 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

all the time, I take more gas-x because I've gotten the D more under control- immodium tends to send me towards the C side lately, but otherwise its just fine

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

gasx & a question about Imodium use... new
      #137559 - 01/12/05 08:57 AM
The Cat Whisperer

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I use Imodium all the time, but have never used/heard of Gas-X? Does it really work well for gas? Does it work for other things?

Just as a sub question...

what are people's usage patterns for Imodium? I take about 1-2 a day depending on what I'm doing, stress levels & how I've been feeling the previous day... I used to take 3/day for almost 3 years... but with help from this board, and the healthy tips provided by Heather & Co., I'm using less & less Imodium . I'm just concerned about long-term use...

Any comments?

PS: if you do not rely on Imodium or have in the past, but no longer, how do you manage Chronic-D?

--------------------
Christien Lomax (TheCatWhisperer)
thecatwhisperer@gmail.com
http://www.thecatwhisperer.net

Re: gasx & a question about Imodium use... new
      #137657 - 01/12/05 12:14 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thanks ya'll for your responses!

I just wanted to make sure cause immodium advanced already has gas x in it.. so I didn't know if it would be too much.

as for immodium.. i maybe take like 1 or 2 a week.. the majority of the time I just have D.. especially if I have no where to go.

--------------------

#137784 - 01/12/05 02:29 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Ashley, I missed the word "advanced" in your post. You're right, since it already contains simethicone, you would be getting a higher dose if you doubled up. But I've occassionally taken a third Extra Strength Gas-X cap at night if my gas is really bad in addition to the two I take every morning and I haven't had a problem with it. I also accidently took a double dose of Gas-X the other morning when the fibro fog was real thick! I went running for the computer to find out what it said about simethicone overdose -- the answer was nothing! It's not a problem, no side effects, no overdose symptoms, nothing. It's gotta be one of the safest things we take! I did notice my tummy felt a little funny that day, not bad just different, but by the next day I was fine. I also think that doctors sometimes prescribe higher doses for some patients, since the bottle says something like "don't take more than this except under the advice of your physician."

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#137790 - 01/12/05 02:33 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Christien and welcome!

I also take 1-2 a day as a preventive and have for a year now, like you said depending on what I'm eating, what my stress is, etc. I certainly intend to continue using it until they pry it out of my cold, stiff hand! I have not read any negatives about long term use. I think of it as something my body can't make for itself, like insulin for diabetics or inhalers for people with asthma.

I have been D-free for a whole fabulous year and I absolutely couldn't have done it and couldn't keep doing it without my Imodium.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27433

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review