All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about rice milk, rice flour...
      #127 - 01/29/03 08:07 PM
meg

Reged: 01/29/03

Me again

Ok, I have these major fear of food issues. I've had so many bad reactions to foods, I just am afraid of anything new. Now I eat rice each and every day of my life, so I don't know why I'm having a hard time with these products, but I am. I don't have the rice milk yet, but do plan on buying some. I do have the rice flour though, but haven't used it as of yet. I eat rice every day, so why would I be afraid to use this? Is there a chance of a reaction to this flour or milk? I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm just having a little trouble getting started... BTW, is the rice flour just as constipating as the white flour? I know I need to stay away from all this bread and white flour, it's like cement in my colon (well, something is, I just figure it's the bread) and I wonder if the rice flour will be just as constipating. I suppose so, but maybe someone can give me more information.

Thanks in advance
Meg

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about rice milk, rice flour... new
      #149 - 01/30/03 09:16 AM
SallyC

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: New Jersey

Meg,

I just want you to know that you're not alone with the food sensitivity issues. I'm not only sensitive to multiple foods, but also chemical sensitive to perfumes, cleaning agents, mold, mildew, etc., etc. Social gatherings are no longer a part of my life.

With the food sensitivities, it's basically trial and error. With some foods, last week I could handle them & this week I break out in hives and have respiratory difficulties, let alone any IBS reactions.

Don't dispair. We need to keep focused on what we can do and/or eat and not what we can't. I keep telling myself that, and sometimes it works.

Sally from Jersey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1561 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1391

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review