All Boards >> Let's Get Together!

Pages: 1
Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09
Any LA/Ventura IBS groups/individuals here?
#354998 - 01/28/10 08:52 PM

I don't really have much of a support group around this area and I'm looking for people in the area to talk to regarding IBS. It's a constant frustration trying to explain it to people because they simply don't get it. So, if anyone knows of any support groups around here, please let me know.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator
princessandafrog

Reged: 02/22/10
Re: Any LA/Ventura IBS groups/individuals here? new
#356370 - 03/05/10 02:25 PM

Hi Megan,

I'm in the greater LA area too, and although I don't know of any support groups nearby, I wanted you to know that you're not alone. I was diagnosed with IBS several years ago, so I've had a lot of time to discover ways to cope in LA. Please feel free to pick my brain. I'm happy to lend any support I can. I know how frustrating it is to feel like no one understands.

One suggestion I wanted to make (if you haven't already done this) is that you get an appointment with one of the doctors at the UCLA Center for Functional Bowel and Motility Disorders. These doctors are at the cutting edge of IBS research, and if anyone can help you feel better, they can.

Hang in there!

Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09
Re: Any LA/Ventura IBS groups/individuals here? new
#356404 - 03/06/10 12:32 PM

Pardon me for not thanking you earlier... been struggling with a UTI on top of the IBS stuff. Thank you!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
You cannot post until you login
You cannot reply until you login
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

Shop For IBS Here!