IBS Diet Quick Tip!
Is Soda Pop an IBS Trigger?
Tip Takeaway: There's no such thing as a safe soda pop. If I had to actually create a deadly-for-IBS drink, I'd invent something just like it!
- Yes! The only safe ingredient in soda pop is the water.
- Most sodas are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. Fructose, or fruit sugar, is a very poorly digested simple carbohydrate, also known as a FODMAP.
- Fructose can cause cramps, spasms, bloating, gas, and diarrhea in people who don't even have IBS. Imagine what it can do to you.
- Is diet soda a safer bet? Nope.
- Artificial sweeteners are even worse. Splenda, NutraSweet, Equal, saccharine, sorbitol, and all other artificial sweeteners can trigger GI distress and IBS symptoms.
- Many soda pops also contain caffeine, which is a GI stimulant. Caffeine can cause urgency, cramps, diarrhea, and rebound constipation.
- Adding insult to injury, soda pop is carbonated. Carbonation can cause or increase gas and bloating, or trigger intestinal spasms.
- Unhappy at the thought of going fizz-free? It just might be easier - and more delicious - than you'd expect.
Heather Van Vorous &
Heather's Tummy Care
Over 15 Years of IBS Business!
Have other IBS questions? Please call us toll free 866-640-4942.
Outside the continental US? Call direct 206-264-8069.
Get more IBS help at HelpForIBS.com!
See all the IBS Quick Tips!
Thank you for your continued support!
The goal of Heather's Tummy Care is to do good in the world - not just for IBS, but for our employees, our customers, our natural world and its magnificent creatures, and both our local and global communities. We contribute to national and international environmental and wildlife protection funds.
Millions of albatross chicks starve
to death on plastic ocean garbage.
Help us end elephant slaughter.
You're on this newsletter list because you have expressed interest in IBS news and information.
Change your newsletter email address here.
If you are viewing this newsletter on a website and would like to subscribe for email delivery, please "Join the IBS Newsletter" here.
ANTI-SPAM PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Heather's Tummy Care
80 S. Washington St, #304
Seattle, WA 98104 USA
© 2017 Heather Van Vorous, Heather's Tummy Care. All rights reserved.
Authored by Heather Van Vorous. May not be reproduced without permission.
USA Copyright Office Registration Number TXU 1-270-858 and others.