Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Heather & Company View Cart
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas
Get The IBS Diet Cheat Sheet
Get Trigger Foods, Safe Foods, Ten Commandments of Eating for IBS, More!

Enter First Name:

Enter Email:

We value your privacy

All Boards >> Crohn’s Disease and Colitis Board Discussions

Salty

Reged: 04/27/07
Help
      04/27/07 04:54 PM

Hi all I am new here although I have read bits on this board for a while, I am losing my mind trying to find out what is wrong with me, last year in February I quit smoking after I had smoked for 25 years, within weeks my body seemed to go into meltdown, I may have brought this on by over-eating when I quit, I would alternate between constipation and Diarrhea, certain food seemed to make me rush to the loo, potato, gravy, cheese,fried stuff, coffee among others, I also started losing blood, when on the loo sometimes lots, it was very scary,I always felt I needed to go especially on a morning and an evening, I never went to the doctors till september after I could take no more, he did a rectal examination and ruled out hemaroids told me it sounded like IBS and told me to have 2 bowls of All Bran a day (all that did was give me really bad wind and made me wat to go even more) He arranged for me to have colonoscopy but it wouldnt happed till feb this year, by christmas I was desperate and becoming very depressed, All I wanted to do was feel normal again so I started smoking again, amazingly most of my symptoms dissapeared, no blood, Diarrea no more urguncy to visit the loo (Please dont think this will help you, I now regret smoking again as if I had been more patient I may have been able to solve it without the dreaded nicotine and been a lot healthier)

A few symptoms remain that are driving me nuts, I still seem to have a lot of wind and my anus area is nearly always sore (especially after passing a stool) I have tried allsorts of creams but most seem to make it worse, vasaline with aloe vera sometimes helps if it really swelled up, I go a few days with nothing then it comes back, I also get very flushed in the face and feel hot..

I had the colonoscopy and nothing showed up, it was clear, I am not sure if it would have showed the same result if it had been done whilst I was really ill and losing blood (before I quit smoking)would it still show up if it was colitis or crohns and it was in remision??

I really should go back the doctors, I want to quit smoking again but am now sacred of what will happen in the meantime anybody have any suggestions or similar symptoms?

thanks for your time......

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Help Salty 04/27/07 04:54 PM
. * Re: Help mindyj   05/01/07 03:02 PM
. * Re: Help stm8177   04/27/07 08:54 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design