Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Heather & Company View Cart
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas
Get The IBS Diet Cheat Sheet
Get Trigger Foods, Safe Foods, Ten Commandments of Eating for IBS, More!

Enter First Name:

Enter Email:

We value your privacy

All Boards >> Crohn’s Disease and Colitis Board Discussions

charlie

Reged: 06/16/04
questions about IBS/IBD and immune system
      06/17/04 04:10 PM

My wife is suffering LUQ pain, nodal pain in the neck and armpits, chronic diarrhea ((every time she eats, she feels an urgency to evacuate) (States also that food feels like a brick and she has to get it out)), joint pains, body aches, chronic fatigue falls asleep and is hard to awaken, confusion, night sweats, and passing good and bad days since mother's day!!! Her blood work is pretty good, WBC's elevated, but not too much since she is recently beating an upper resp. infection. The one alarming bloodwork result is a positive ANA with speckled pattern with a titer of 1:320. It looks possible that she may have Lupus (SLE) but we are praying it could be something else we are awaiting a ds DNA results Monday. So has anyone heard of a positive ANA resulting from IBS or an IBD specifically Crohns? And does anyone have information on the effects that IBS/IBD has on the immune system, particularly the effects on the auto-immune inflammatory response? Or is there anyone out there with more knowledge of the relationship between IBS and the immune/auto-immune system? I have some knowledge in immunology, but having some difficulty getting to information. She doesn't suffer cramping, though there are some (sometimes severe) Bowel sounds. She has been taking Effexor for several years, and I was wondering if the anti-depressant might be masking the cramping usually associated with diarrhea. Anyone have anything, or perhaps sharing similar symptoms, it would be nice to know anything. My wife is my everything, and I want to find out what it is that we have to fight so we can beat it. Thanks for anything you can come up with.
Charlie

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* questions about IBS/IBD and immune system charlie 06/17/04 04:10 PM
. * Re: questions about IBS/IBD and immune system owie   06/29/04 04:14 PM
. * Re: questions about IBS/IBD and immune system JillSklar   06/30/04 12:07 PM
. * Re: questions about IBS/IBD and immune system JillSklar   06/23/04 07:40 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1697

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design