All Boards >> Veggie Eating for IBS Diet Board

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Juicing?
      #366181 - 10/02/11 08:14 PM
strawberryjam

Reged: 10/02/11

Hello,
I am still fairly new to this IBS thing :-) It seemed to me that getting a juicer would be an excellent way of having my veggies and eating them too, so to speak. I had been juicing every morning to start my day, and my tummy has been getting less and less satisfied with me. There are other reasons that this could be the case, but I was just wondering if anyone else has an opinion about juicing? It seemed like such a perfect solution to me. Thanks!
Jenny

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Juicing? new
      #366182 - 10/03/11 06:53 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

Juicing, pureeing and any other process that grinds up food into small particles is useful for many people. However, some of us have problems when juicing or pureeing fruits and veggies that are high in insoluble fiber. Needless to say it is best to peel veggies and fruit before pureeing them to remove the tough outer skin which is mostly insoluble fiber.

My juicer does not remove a sufficient amount of the pulp leaving too much fiber in the juice. Like all things IBS it is something you will have to experiment with to see if it works for you.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#366185 - 10/03/11 12:18 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Were you having problems before the juicing? Try keeping a food diary or journal to pinpoint exactly when and what is causing your issues. Please don't stop enjoying healthy delicious juice or veggie drinks until you're sure that is what is causing your problems. Too many with IBS totally limit their food/drink enjoyment, without ever truly knowing if that was or is the true culprit.

Being a vegetarian and working towards veganism, I rely on blender/juicer drinks every day. I can't imagine a day without my smoothies or veggie juice drinks. I don't juice too much fruit by itself, because I find it is just way too much sugar for me.

Some days I just have blender drinks and other days I juice veggie drinks. I have a top of the line juicer so it removes all the IF/pulp, if I choose that. I also have a fantastic blender, that I think could juice a whole tree if I wanted it to.

I have also used the hypnosis so now I pretty much enjoy most healthy foods. Could it be more than just about the food for you?

#366935 - 02/26/12 09:41 PM
Jared

Reged: 02/26/12

Thanks guys for sharing this information.....

#373053 - 09/01/16 04:38 AM
wtaumme

Reged: 09/01/16

I had heard that juicing helps in most of the human's health related issue and i had never got any side effect of having fruit or vegetable juices in my diet. Some says that having Acai Berry, Goji Berry, nopal, papaya or Organic Noni Juice may help in most of the internal health issues of humans. I hope so that you are able to get your right choice according to your body.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27253

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review