All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Peachy Cake
      #98296 - 08/14/04 03:37 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I went to Penzey's spices today too and got this recipe which I think is adaptable.
1 1/2c flour
1c. sugar (use some vanilla sugar if possible or add vanilla later)
2t. baking powder
1/2t soda
1/4t salt
1t. high quality cinnamon
1c. sour cream (use soy substitute I think)
2 eggs (use 4 whites)
1c. peaches peeled and diced in 1/4 in cubes (2-3 peaches)

Streusel topping:
1/2c flour
1T sugar
1T vanilla sugar
1/2t cinnamon
3T. butter (use 2T soy or canola margarine- cold)
Preheat oven to 350. Sift together dry ing. Beat the sour cream and eggs with a hand mixer; combine wet and dry ing. and mix at low speed. Fold in peaches and pour into sprayed 8x8 inch baking dish.
Rub together streusel ing. in small bowl. Sprinkle on top of cake. Bake 40-50 min until golden and top springs back when lightly pressed.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I am an idiot new
      #100388 - 08/22/04 08:20 PM
Little Minnie

Why didn't I make this peachy cake for my dessert last night? Dah! Well I'll have to get some more peaches. Peeled cooked peaches seem pretty easy to digest.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Soy sour cream new
      #100460 - 08/23/04 05:41 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I would recommend possibly using soy yogurt in place of some or all of the soy sour cream. It's very high in fat and the 1 cup of it in this recipe would bring this waaaay above the 25% range. I often use soy yogurt when recipes call for sour cream and it works great. Just a suggestion!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Soy sour cream new
      #100495 - 08/23/04 08:06 AM
Little Minnie

good advice! BTW Kree I love your signature!

--------------------

Re: Soy sour cream new
      #100501 - 08/23/04 08:26 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Thanks Minnie! I don't know how authentic it is... but you never know. Lol.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

getting silly about king George new
      #100583 - 08/23/04 12:08 PM
Little Minnie

There is going to be a masterpiece theater on pbs this fall about that family and the son that had problems that no one ever heard about. It looks good. Maybe they will have king George say that line, but maybe not!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 95 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5528

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review