Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Low Fat Pancakes
      #74757 - 05/30/04 10:18 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Mark's Super Low Fat Pancakes
(Makes 18 pancakes)

This are light, fluffy, and delicious pancakes. You'll never be able to tell they're so healthy!

Ingredients:
4 egg whites or 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour (Can use more white instead--it depends on how well you tolerate whole wheat)
1 1/2 cups soy milk
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1 Tablespoon canola oil
6 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Beat the eggs until fluffy.
2. Beat in remaining ingredients.
3. Heat griddle or skillet to 375 degrees (medium heat).
4. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
5. Cook both sides until golden brown.

Adapted slightly from a recipe by ladypit on www.recipezaar.com

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Low Fat Pancakes new
      #74782 - 05/30/04 02:57 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Yum, yum......Thanks KREE.......I love pancakes, with GF flours of course, and make extra and keep in the refrigerator.....then when I need a high soluble food snack I take one out, sprinkle it with a little sugar or brown sugar and roll it up and eat, just cold.....

Instead of milk in the recipe I usually use sparkling water........it reduces the cals and makes the pancakes fluffier..........and once baked into the pancake has no affect on the IBS because the bubbles are cooked out.

Kandee

--------------------

#74823 - 05/30/04 07:46 PM
Kree

Wow, thanks for the tips, Kandee! I've never thought of making pancake roll-ups... what a fantastic ideas! I'm never sure what to do with the leftovers. And I didn't know that about sparkling water. I just love the new things you teach me. See, once a teacher always a teacher.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#74846 - 05/30/04 08:17 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the tips, Kandee! I've never thought of making pancake roll-ups... what a fantastic ideas! I'm never sure what to do with the leftovers. And I didn't know that about sparkling water. I just love the new things you teach me. See, once a teacher always a teacher.

Yep, sad but true about teaching Kree............You've heard of course, that "old teachers never die...............they just loose their class"..........

Kandee

--------------------

#74903 - 05/31/04 06:51 AM
Kree

Quote:

Yep, sad but true about teaching Kree............You've heard of course, that "old teachers never die...............they just loose their class"..........

Yeah, I have heard that one. Cute! But I don't think you have to worry about that yet... you're not old!! And anyway, we're your class now.

--------------------

#159893 - 03/12/05 10:30 AM
Kathy Stone

Reged: 02/24/05
Loc: Florida

Kree,
What kind of soy milk do you use? So far, I've only purchased the Vita-Soy Light Vanilla that Heather recommended and I like it. But is it too sweet for these pancakes?
Thank you, Kathy

#160083 - 03/13/05 07:15 AM
Kree

Hi Kathy! I'm honestly not sure if vanilla soy milk would be too sweet for this. I buy West Soy Light plain soy milk and use that for baking. I've never tried baking with vanilla before, although I'm pretty sure I've seen others say they have. Maybe you could try using slightly less sugar, tasting it, and adding more if you think it needs it? It's certainly worth a try!

--------------------

#160824 - 03/15/05 04:02 PM
Kathy Stone

Reged: 02/24/05
Loc: Florida

Kree, do you use that West Soy Light plain soy milk for just drinking also? If so, you must like the taste?

I was thinking that if it tastes good, maybe the West Soy is easier to shop for. Right now I have to travel across town to buy the Vita Soy light vanilla, and I do not have a car (ride the bus or bicycle).

Thanks, Kathy

#160832 - 03/15/05 04:13 PM
Kree

Yuck! Unfortunately, no. It actually tastes pretty terrible by itself in my opinion. I usually drink either rice milk or Silk soy milk (vanilla or chocolate flavored). I never drink the plain stuff! I actually buy West Soy for baking just because it's the cheapest I could find. It's really not especially good... but it works great in baked goods!

--------------------

#160847 - 03/15/05 04:47 PM
little suzy

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: Maine

Just to add, I can't stand westsoy for drinking--not the plain or the vanilla--definitely not as good as vitasoy or edensoy

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 403 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8251

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review