Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

ZUCCHINI AND SPINACH SOUP
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. zuccini, trimmed, cut into 1/2 in. thick rounds
1-2 (equal 12 oz.) russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
4 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
1- 6 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions; saute' until soft, about 8 min. Add zucchini and potatoes; stir to coat. Add 4 cups broth and bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 min. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth, adding some spinach to each batch. Return puree to same pot. Thin with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired. Season soup with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill until cold, then cover and keep refrigerated. Rewarm soup before serving.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soup new
      #7213 - 04/25/03 08:49 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi CMBickel - Welcome to the IBS boards.

This recipe sure looks good, but why all of the oil? I think 1/4 c is a bit too much for IBSers where cooking spray or 1 or 2 tbsp might do the trick. Also, the zucchini should be peeled to make it safer.

Have you made this soup? Does it bother your IBS made the way you posted? America wants to know!!!!

We had a posting a while back that we'd like everyone, if possible, to put their city and state in their bio to make it easier for everyone to be able to help with obtaining IBS safe foods. If you don't know how to do it, just ask via a post and we'll be glad to help.

Again, thanks for the recipe, and ask anything you want--we're used to it and have heard it all!! And, again, welcome.

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Soup new
      #8637 - 05/08/03 01:03 PM
CMBickel

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

Use as much oil that you think is safe for you; also I did not peel the zuchini because it all went into the food processor which in turn made it "safe" for me (IBS-D). My husband even liked it !!! CMB Salt Lake City, UT

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 235 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review