All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bread with veggies...For HanSolo
      #6394 - 04/18/03 08:15 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

HS - I couldn't find your original post (I even SEARCHED and still couldn't find it!), but here's an answer to adding more veggies to your bread. Although I couldn't find any recipes where the veggies are put directly into the bread, I did find some Foccacia bread recipes where the cooked veggies are on top of it. It's from a book called The Ultimate Bred Machine Cookbook by Tom Lacalamita. Sorry, it's a Roll-Up.

Here goes:

Basic Pizza Roll-up Dough

2 c capacity/3 c capacity (use the same amts)

1.5 tsp yeast, active dry
3 c bread flour
1.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp granulated white sugar
3/4 c plus 2 tbsp water
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp soy, rice or almond milk plain
1 egg white beaten w/1 tbsp water

Add ingredients, except for egg white in the order specified in your manual. Set bread machine on dough setting. At the end of the program, press clear/stop. To punch down, press start and let knead for 60 seconds. Press clear/stop again. Remove dough and let rest 5 min before handling.

Hand Shaping Technique: Prepare filling of your choice. Preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray 13 x 9 x 1" baking pan w/veg oil or parchment paper. Generously sprinkle work surface with flour. Roll out dough into 16 x 12" rectangle. Make sure dough does not stick to work surface.

Broccoli, Mushrooms, Onions, Spinach filling (use all 4 to = 1 lb)
or any combination of above, chopped.

Steam broccoli and cool to room temp.
Saute Mushrooms, onions, spinach, chop.

1/2 lb sliced soy provolone (or equivalent soy product)
1/2 c shredded soy mozzarella
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp soy parmesan
seeds of your choice

Layer sliced cheese over prepared dough and cover evenly with prepared veggies. Sprinkle w/garlic and cheeses. Roll up as tightly as possible in jelly-roll fashion so that you will have a 16" long roll when completed. Pinch long seam closed as well as ends. Tuck ends under. Carefully place on prepared baking pan, seam side down. Brush top w/egg wash and sprinkle w/seeds. Price 6 times with a fork along the top and sides. Bake for 30-35 min or until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack 20 min before slicing.

There's also one for salami and cheese and one for peppers and egg. But I imagine (and I do that a lot) you can put anything inside that you can think up.

I once made something like this and braided the top over the veggies instead of rolling it up. It really looked great.

Foccacia is another way of getting veggies with your bread. The veggies are just laid on the top of the dough. Actually, these two types of breads would be great with meals w/or w/out company. Of course, we're our best company, anyway, right?!

Let me know if you make these. Good Luck.

Sharon

Layer sliced

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 421 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8817

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review