All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
chicken and dumplings
      #58016 - 04/05/04 08:07 AM
bj

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Loganville, GA

What about using the low-fat Bisquick recipe on the box for chicken and dumplings? Is this IBS safe?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: chicken and dumplings new
      #58060 - 04/05/04 09:55 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I've never seen the chicken and dumplings, but I use the low-fat Bisquick for just the dumplings (in my own chicken stew) and I'm okay with it. I just use soy milk.

MAGS2003 new
      #58068 - 04/05/04 10:15 AM
bj

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Loganville, GA

What do you put in your chicken stew?
Thanks

Re: chicken and dumplings new
      #58108 - 04/05/04 11:41 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

bj, the chicken and dumplings on the Bisquick box doesn't contain any cream soups, does it? Because I've seen some that do and that definitely would NOT be safe. But if it's something you can just sub soy milk for the dairy in you should be safe. If you'd like to you can post it here and we'll check it out for you!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: MAGS2003 new
      #58179 - 04/05/04 03:47 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Well, it's one of those things I just kinda start throwing stuff in so I don't have any measurements.

I take some chicken breasts (with bone) in a dutch oven, fill it with FF chicken broth. I can't remember how much now, it's been awhile - a few cans??? sometimes I'll add water too if I don't have enough broth, just till the pot is about 1/2 - 3/4 full, then I add in some chopped celery, carrots & onion - again, just till it looks good. Add spices (parsley, bay leaf, paprika, etc. - whatever I grab), simmer for 45 min or so, remove chicken, let cool, remove from bone, throw back in, and make my dumplings.

I think that's everything! LOL If you want an actual recipe for chicken and dumplings though, Heather had one in a newsletter before: Chicken & Dumplings

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review