All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Kid Friendly Super Yummy Chicken Nuggets
      #50277 - 03/13/04 03:39 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Okay, I can't take credit for this, but I can tell you that the entire family LOVED these (including 2 1/2 year old Liam)! They are ridiculously easy and I served them with McCain low fat fries and cooked veggies. An easy meal in less than 30 minutes!
Taken from April 2004 Issue of Chatelaine Magazine (www.chatelaine.com)
1/4 cup sweet green pickle relish
1/4 cup regular mustard
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts.
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a cooking sheet with pam. In a large bowl, combine relish and mustard. Place bread crumbs in a pie plate. Cut each chicken breast into 5 or 6 nuggets (I did 7 or 8). Add to relish mixture and stir to evenly coat. Coat chicken in bread crumbs one piece at a time. Shake off excess crumbs, then place on pan. Leave space between pieces.
2. Bake until chicken is light golden, 20 to 25 min. Terrific with ketchup or plum sauce for dipping.
Serves 4: 2.9 grams fat per serving, 187 calories per serving.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmm... these look Kree friendly too -nt- new
      #50476 - 03/14/04 05:27 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Kid Friendly Super Yummy Chicken Nuggets new
      #50872 - 03/15/04 01:42 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Yums!

I've made a fiance-friendly version of this. DF begs me to make these for him all the time now! And he's really picky.

First I take two or three skinless chicken breasts, cut up into small bite size nuggets.

Instead of bread crumbs, I food process old fashioned oats, garlic seasoning, cajun seasoning, salt/pepper (basically whatever sounds yummy at the time) and use that to coat the chicken.
I dredge my chicken in Egg Beaters to ensure that the oats stick. Not sure if this is IBS friendly or not.

I lightly pan-fry in a little bit of canola oil to get it crispy, then I stick them in a pan and bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 mins or so.

I dunk in ketchup seasoned with ranch popcorn seasoning.

--------------------
~jules

substituted dill for the sweet and.... new
      #50927 - 03/15/04 04:54 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

we loved it. None of us like sweet pickles or relish but we all love dill pickles and relish. Tory said he was so glad I used dill relish. I loved them. I made homemade fries since I couldn't find your McCain fries and they wanted peas. Meike wasn't crazy about it but hey that is Meike. She dosen't even like my fries . Well you convinced a skeptic. I could understand why you would combine relish and mustard but wow they were great.

Re: Kid Friendly Super Yummy Chicken Nuggets new
      #280010 - 08/26/06 11:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made these for dinner last night. I lightly dusted the chicken pieces with flour before stirring them into the mustard/relish mixture and that made the gooey mixture stick better. They were yummy! Next time, I'm going to try them with sweet and sour sauce and/or honey mustard to dunk.

I served them with my own version of Oven Fries. Basically, I make Crispy Potato Wedges, but instead of Pam, salt, pepper, and garlic, I toss the potato wedges with a Tablespoon of olive oil and lots of garlic salt before baking.

Chicken nuggets and sort-of French fries - fast food nirvana!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 226 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review