All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Carrot Soup
      #3385 - 03/19/03 06:14 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Ok...this soup is really....different? That would be a good description. The first bite I took, I wasn't sure. Not spit it out or anything, just not sure. Then I took another bite, & I liked it more. I had this with French bread & by the time I was halfway through, I couldn't get over how good it was & by the end I was wiping the bowl with the bread!! I let one of my friends try it and he said it was just okay, but he doesn't like ginger (I know, I know...what's wrong with him! lol I LOVE ginger!!) I let my mom try it, and she had the same reaction as me! Not sure at first, but by the end liking it. It comes out really, really thick.

Anyway, I really liked it, and I thought someone else might like it too. I got it from a Redbook magazine a few months ago.

Carrot Soup

2 T olive oil
1 1/2 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
2 lbs carrots, cut into 1/4" rounds
2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
5 c chicken broth (yeah, I used FF)
1/2 c orange juice
3 T peanut butter
Toasted pumpkin sees & cilantro for garnish, if desired (I didn't desire lol)

Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add first six ingredients. Stir in salt. Add carrots, potatoes & broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes. Puree till smooth. (I can't remember if the original recipe said to use blender or food processor...I used a handheld blender.) Add orange juice & peanut butter. Puree until well combined. Garnish with pumpkin seeds & cilantro if desired.

Makes 1 giant pot. Great with French bread!

Note: I wasn't sure if the 2 T. olive oil + the 3 T. peanut butter would be too much fat, but it does make a big pot, so if anyone thinks that should be lowered to fit the IBS diet, please let me know.

Mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Carrot Soup new
      #314027 - 08/27/07 04:57 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Onion, garlic, cayenne pepper? Sounds too spicy!

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: Carrot Soup new
      #362455 - 12/11/10 12:42 PM
Cheryl in Sarasota

Reged: 04/02/09

I just tried this recipe and it is excellent. I was hesitant to use the peanut butter because lately, I'm not liking the taste of peanut butter and it's true in this, but I always like to try a recipe as is the first time. I added fresh squeezed orange juice and orange rind which gave it a burst of freshness and did as you did, soaked it up with sour dough bread. I was also thinking of stirring in some soy sour cream. Next bowl! Thanks for sharing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review