All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Roasted Vegetables Mexican Enchiladas
      #32529 - 12/17/03 07:12 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I made these tonight, actually just started throwing things together. I hope the amounts are right, but it's pretty flexible if they're not. It was EXCELLENT, even my husband liked them.

VEGAN ENCHILADAS

ABOUT:

1/2 cup corn (I used frozen)
1/2 cup Chopped up broccoli (I used fresh)
1/2 Chopped up Zucchini (I used fresh)
1/2 cup chopped carrots (I was out of them, but sounds good)

Corn Tortillas

1 19oz can enchilada sauce
1/4 cup cut up onion
Soy Mozzarella Cheese

Spray the veggies with some olive oil spray then roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes at 425°.

Spray an 8"x 11" pan with non stick spray. Heat the enchilada sauce in a skillet, then dip a tortilla in it to soften it (not too soft or it will disintegrate). Place the heated tortilla in the 8"x 11" pan.

Place a spoonful of the veggie mixture and some of the raw onion into the tortilla, then cut some soy cheese up and lay it over the veggies. Roll the tortilla and turn it seam side down. When you've made all the enchiladas (mine made about 6), pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top then grate some more soy cheese to put on the top. Bake covered at 400° for about 30 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted and slightly brown.
You can adjust the veggies if you'd like more or less, use less cheese or more cheese, it's actually quite open to changes and modifications.

Edited by Karin (12/18/03 12:36 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I bet sweet potatoes would be good in these.. new
      #32675 - 12/18/03 12:45 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

sounds odd, I know, but roasted sweet potatoes are really yummy in Mexican dishes!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I bet sweet potatoes would be good in these.. new
      #32689 - 12/18/03 01:56 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Hm, that does sound interesting. Tell me, do you have to precook the potatoes or will they have enough time to get soft in the roasting process?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2125

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review