Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> IBS Recipe Discussions

Pages: 1
snoopy101

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Michiana USA
Lemon Asparagus pasta
      #304912 - 04/14/07 07:18 AM

I was wondering what is are some good accompaniments with this dish.

I would like to put something besides just the pasta dish on the table tonight.

--------------------
Wife to a teriffic husband. Mother to 6 awesome kids.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland
Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta new
      #304929 - 04/14/07 08:40 AM

I had a piece of salmon, cooked on the grill, with it. I found it really tasty

Wind

Reged: 04/02/05
Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta new
      #304933 - 04/14/07 10:06 AM

Definitely grilled portabella mushrooms! There's "something" about the combination of asparagus and mushrooms that is highly complimentary. Roasted red peppers and/or stuffed tomatoes would be really delicious, too, if you're not sensitive to either of those foods.

I've made this recipe many times--it's a favourite!

Kate, IBS-D.

emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL
Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta???? new
      #304943 - 04/14/07 12:17 PM

Is the recipe for this pasta in the index? I am always looking for new pasta recipies!Thanks

Emmasmom
ibs C
gas! gas!

snoopy101

Reged: 05/10/05
Loc: Michiana USA
Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta???? new
      #304946 - 04/14/07 12:45 PM

it was an old newsletter recipe.
http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/asp012605.html

--------------------
Wife to a teriffic husband. Mother to 6 awesome kids.

Unregistered

Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta - Not Good new
      #313275 - 08/15/07 09:33 AM

I made this and it was tastless...I had to add a ton of parms cheese and some hot pepper flakes and it still was not good. Would make it baking the asparagus as that gives them way more flaor.

Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland
Re: Lemon Asparagus pasta - Not Good new
      #313331 - 08/16/07 01:47 AM

Dont ever bake asparagus! They are far to delicate for that. I think if you found it tasteless you could better try adding more salt or lemonjuice, or pepper. Or maybe this might just not be your recipe, which isnt bad either.

MelanieR

Reged: 02/15/07
Loc: Florida
Would you steam asparagus? -nt new
      #313352 - 08/16/07 07:36 AM

--------------------
Crohns, lactose intolerant

Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)
Re: Would you steam asparagus? new
      #313383 - 08/16/07 12:02 PM

I steam mine in a little basket steamer I have - sort of like a double-boiler arrangement. I break off the woody ends first.

I do want to try roasted asparagus, though. The Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network makes it that way all the time and it looks yummy:
web page

I think the only trick would be to really watch the amount of olive oil. I'd measure the oil rather than just drizzling - probably 1 teaspoon of oil per serving. And I'd toss the asparagus in a bowl with the oil then transfer it to the baking sheet. That would help less oil coat the asparagus thoroughly.

LittleMinnie also posted a bunch of asparagus recipes a while back, including one for roasted asparagus that's a little different:

web page

You'll see that in a lot of these recipes the asparagus is just plunged into a pot of boiling water rather than being steamed.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada
Re: Would you steam asparagus? new
      #357783 - 04/13/10 06:18 PM

My review on this is a thumbs up (not that anyone actually ASKED for a review LOL). Both my kids (4 and 2) ate it all up and I thought it was really good - somehow really creamy despite having nothing dairy in it. I followed the recipe to a "T" (although the last part about cooking the pasta on high with the sauce worried me a little, but it worked beautifully) and it was great

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design