All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Creamed Tuna on Rice or Toast
      #297150 - 01/18/07 01:14 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

This is my first time posting a recipe. I haven't changed any of the measurements.

CREAMED TUNA ON RICE (OR TOAST)

2 tbsp. butter (SmartBalance light butter spread)
4 tbsp. flour
2 c. milk (can use soy milk)
1 lg. can tuna, drained
1 lg. can peas, drained
Rice, cooked as directed on pkg.

In large skillet, melt butter. Add flour and mix until mixture is smooth and creamy, not lumpy. Add about 1 cup of milk and mix well. Let cook 5 to 10 minutes, then add the other cup of milk. Cook mixture for a few minutes until it becomes thickened. Add tuna and peas, mix well. Cook a few minutes, then serve the tuna mixture on top of rice or toast if you choose. Serves 4 to 6.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmm.... new
      #297152 - 01/18/07 01:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have my own recipe for creamed tuna - involving a little sauteed onion, no peas, and some hard-boiled-egg-minus-the-yolks - but it just makes me SO happy to see someone post something like this, because most people I mention "creamed tuna" to wrinkle their noses. It's good, comforting food!

Re: Mmm.... new
      #297154 - 01/18/07 01:24 PM
oldestofseven

Really? Yea I get the same reaction, even from my mother lol. But yes, I LOVE creamed tuna over rice or pasta, its one of my favorite meals.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Re: Creamed Tuna on Rice or Toast new
      #298863 - 02/04/07 09:02 AM
karl

Reged: 11/15/06
Loc: USA

Sounds great! When you say large can of tuna is that the 6oz or the even bigger one? Same with the peas...is that the 15oz can? Thanks

Re: Creamed Tuna on Rice or Toast new
      #298921 - 02/05/07 05:30 AM
oldestofseven

I guess it depends on how many people you are cooking for, and how creamy you want it to be. If you want more tuna and peas and less cream, or you are cooking for several people, use the bigger can, if you want like an even amount, or more cream, and you aren't cooking for many, use the normal size can. I used the bigger cans because I was cooking for my whole family (8 people) and it lasted a couple days. I don't know if it was coincidence or if it was the recipe, but I actually got sick from eating this, probably because of the peas, so if you have trouble with peas I'd suggest leaving them out or using less. I have LOTS of trouble, but I didn't alter the recipe any. When I made the creamy orzo and ham recipe, I left out the peas, and I didn't get sick. Just a thought.

--------------------

Re: Mmm.... new
      #315234 - 09/18/07 01:20 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

How much rice do you use?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 418 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4350

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review