All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ginger tea with no peppermit?
      #296057 - 01/11/07 09:38 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hello, Has anyone been able to find ginger tea with no peppermint - they seem to put the two together and peppermint is a no no for my stomach ulcer. Has anyone made homemade ginger tea with the spice and putting it in a tea bag? THanks, Debbie IBS-c

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ginger Root Tea new
      #296069 - 01/11/07 10:17 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

It's really easy to make ginger tea.... I think there might even be a recipe in Heather's book.

Ginger Root Tea
4 cups of water
2 inch piece of fresh ginger root
optional: honey and lemon

Peel the ginger root and slice it into thin slices. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Once it is boiling, add the ginger. Cover it and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the tea. Add honey and lemon to taste.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: ginger tea with no peppermit? new
      #296237 - 01/12/07 07:08 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I make ginger tea with the root and it is strong and can last a while too as you drink it when sick. Or you can buy ginger essential oil. I was looking at that last night in the natural food section.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: ginger tea with no peppermit?-Minnie new
      #296241 - 01/12/07 07:41 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

So you think that you could add ginger essential oil to water and make tea? Also - do you keep the ginger tea made from the root in the fridge and sip on it all day? Thanks. How much root per water?

Re: ginger tea with no peppermit?-Minnie new
      #296333 - 01/12/07 07:29 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't know much about essential oils. Our natural foods manager would know about it.
I make ginger tea when nauseated by taking about a two inch? piece of ginger- skin off- and cut it in half or so and then bring to boil and steep. I then drink that tea and add more water to the pan (I'm talking a small saucepan- 2c) and let that sit until I want it warm. I leave it like this all day. It steeps at room temperature quite well and I get a lot of use out of the ginger. Just stop adding new water when it doesn't taste strong anymore. Then you can put it in the fridge in water til the next day and start over. After two days the root gets brown and needs replacing. I drink mine with honey and lemon usually. It tastes very good.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review