All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: I actually have a recipe for crockpot turkey breast.... new
      #290637 - 11/19/06 05:35 PM
Tilden

Reged: 08/13/06
Loc: Bay Area

Thanks! I just decided today to go ahead and make a Thanksgiving style dinner even though it will just be the two of us. I bought a turkey breast and was wondering about how to cook it in the crock pot. I'll be giving this a shot.

--------------------
Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ROFL, Melissa. That was a good one. -nt- new
      #290650 - 11/19/06 07:25 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Less than 2 weeks until US Thanksgiving new
      #290696 - 11/20/06 09:02 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Well, I managed to find a yummy-sounding "tofu loaf" recipe in my "La Dolce Vegan!" cookbook, so I'll be trying that for Thanksgiving this year!

DH STILL insisted on buying a turkey breast... he'll just have to cook it himself though! I passed along the crock pot recipe to him.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Anyone know a recipe for a green side dish? new
      #290842 - 11/21/06 11:18 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I am not from the US and don't really know what you guys traditionally eat for Thanksgiving... The friends we are going to spend it with asked us to bring a green side dish... any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Jerry

Re: Anyone know a recipe for a green side dish? new
      #290858 - 11/21/06 12:59 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

The most common traditional green side dish would be green bean casserole. However, it is most definitely NOT safe for IBS. My family usually has green beans and new potatoes (cooked together with seasonings and can be made safely) or maybe asparagus or broccoli casserole (I have a recipe for that, too, but it's not safe for IBS). The best thing I can suggest that you would also be able to eat would be the green beans & potatoes. You can scan down the recipe index, but I didn't see anything that looked especially fabulous. Sorry I can't be more help!

#290867 - 11/21/06 02:21 PM
Jeio

Thanks I will probably make something that the rest of us will eat, and I won't touch...

#290884 - 11/21/06 03:59 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you're going to be able to cook what you bring once you're there, then I'd say green beans - that always seems very Thanksgiving-y to me. You can throw some slivered almonds into them to make them festive. (Consider bringing your own pot - those sometimes run short on Thanksgiving.)

Stove and microwave space is usually at a premium, though, so if you can't cook once you're there, consider asparagus. It is apparently quite correct to eat this hot, cold, or room temperature and I love it with just lemon juice squeezed over it. There are some asparagus recipes in the Recipe Index - perhaps one of them will look good.

However, if there is a great green side dish from your homeland, consider bringing that. I think most people would be charmed to try something a little different.

I have to agree with Julie E though - at least where I'm from (the South), that green bean casserole is the standard side dish. It's basically IF wrapped in fat, dairy, fat, MSG, and fat, but man is it good!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#290904 - 11/21/06 06:51 PM
Jeio

Asparagus, that's a great idea. Thanks a lot.

I can't think of a good green side dish otherwise, back where I come from, we don't eat asparagus or brocoli... just green beans, but I am not a fan of the taste.

Thanks, Sand, for the ideas and advice!
Jerry

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review