All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pasta Salad Nicoise
      #266744 - 05/31/06 02:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

from allrecipes.com

1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups small shell pasta
1 6-oz can albacore tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
1/4 cup sliced red onion
4 leaves green leaf lettuce, rinsed
2 large black olives, sliced

In a small bowl, combine the dressing, basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.

In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water, and drain.

In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, tomato, avocado, and red onion. Add dressing and toss together to evenly coat.

Line 4 plates with lettuce leaves, spoon on salad and garnish with olive slices.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pasta Salad Nicoise new
      #266756 - 05/31/06 03:31 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Casey,

This looks delicious and I can't wait to try it. I love pasta salad, tuna and avacado. I would never think to combine these. You are very creative in the kitchen.

How's the weather there? I hear inland is getting warmer temps than we are on the coast.

--------------------
Janey

#266764 - 05/31/06 03:45 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I wish I could take credit for this one, but this is actually a recipe I found on allrecipes.com a long time ago. I should probably go back and post where I found ALL of them, come to think of it.

It's been warm here... today, not so much, but the past few days it's been "officially" in the mid-80s, with temperatures close to 100 in the full sun (which is our backyard, heh). It feels like we skipped spring and went directly to summer! I won't complain, though... it's beautiful here, and I bet it's even more so on the coast. I totally forgot you were living in Maine now!

#266775 - 05/31/06 04:02 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I'm here and loving it. Maine is so beautiful especially now that the trees have leaves and the flowers are blooming. Oh, and green grass too. I am very happy that we moved here.

I look forward to this summer so we can go to some of the state parks and explore the state.

--------------------
Janey

#266857 - 06/01/06 12:24 AM
tummybear

Reged: 06/01/06

sounds yummy. cant wait to try this at home.

Yum! new
      #275407 - 07/24/06 08:13 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I made this for lunch yesterday and it was great. I skipped the lettuce leaves and the olives, used scallions (my tummy tolerates raw scallions better than raw mature onions), and I used regular Italian dressing (very naughty).

I also did the CFF calculations:

Using regular Italian dressing without lettuce or olives, the whole recipe has:
1197 calories, 427 CFF, for 36% of CFF (much too high, although doable if served with lots of nice bread)

Using fat-free Italian dressing without lettuce or olives, the whole recipe has:
937 calories, 187 CFF, for 20% of CFF

It also occurs to me that this recipe would probably work nicely with salmon instead of tuna, perhaps with dill instead of basil and using lemon juice in the salad dressing rather than vinegar.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review