All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Delicious Easy Dessert like a Cobbler if you can eat Pineapple, but imag. u sub another fruit
      #26631 - 11/11/03 09:21 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

EASY Pineapple/Peach Cobbler

1/3 box graham crackers, crushed up into pieces.
1 lg. can crushed pineapple
2 reg. sized cans peaches
1 white or yellow cake mix (think you could use the angelfood cake instead) * see below
Layer this in a 9/13 pan, starting w/lst ingred.& ending w/the dry cake mix sprinkled over the top,dot w/marg. a bit and possibly spray w/a bit of Pam near the end.

Bake 350-375 for abt. 40-50 mins. till starts to bubble thru or turns a bit browned. Think I've had to cook it an hr. at times.

Delicious hot or cold. I've had many compliments on this and it's sooooo easy. Cool whip on top if you can tolerate it or soy or rice ice cream.

The only thing I don't know here is if we can use regular cake mixes.......but I would think you could sub the angel food for it. Maybe fill in w/ extra graham crackers as angel food is not at dense as regular cake mix. OR use 1/2 half can pineapple and just 1 can of peaches possibly.

If anyone can better perfect this to IBS, please advise.

If anyone tries this w/the angel food mix, pls. let me know how it turns out.

I know this can be done w/other fruits too but don't know just what ones.

I taken this to many potlucks, etc. and get great compliments. Iit's so EASY to make.

You might notice........the stuff I post is easy. Used to LOVE to cook exp. w/ tomato sauce, and sauces......but NOT ANYMORE!!!!! No FUN when you can't eat the stuff or worry abt. doing so!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy! I'll get back there some day!

Marnie

Edited by marnie (11/11/03 04:40 PM)

Post Extras

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Delicious Easy Dessert like a Cobbler if you can eat Pineapple, but imag. u sub another fruit new
      #140390 - 01/20/05 12:46 PM
kathybud23

Reged: 01/20/05

please i live in usa let me know how many ounces each can of fruit and also if you have to drain any of the juice. thank you this sounds so good cannot wait to make it

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1452

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review