All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
full of fiber vegatable soup
      #256 - 02/01/03 06:24 AM
advantagelee12

Reged: 02/01/03

FULL OF FIBER VEGATABLE SOUP....THIS IS A DELICIOUS RECEIPE AND IT IS FULL OF HEALTHY, TOLERABLE, FIBER., THE WAY IT IS MADE MAKES THE FIBER VERY TOLERABLE TO OUR COLONS. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT. IT COMES OUT THICK MORE LIKE A STEW, PUT ITALIAN BREAD AND A SALAD WITH IT ,BUT EAT THE SALAD AT THE END OF THE MEAL, AND IT IS A DELICIOUS MEAL. THIS RECEIPE IS GENTLE ON YOUR COLON AND GIVES US THE FIBER WE REALLY NEED.

VEGATABLES NEEDED: 8 CARROTS, 4ZUCCHINI, 2 SQUASH, 7 MEDIUM POTATOES, 1 POUND OF STRING BEANS, 5 ONIONS, 4 GLOVES OF GARLIC, 1 CAN OF FRESH PEAS (OPTIONAL), 6 STALKS OF CELERY, 2 CANS OF NORTHERN BEANS, RINSED AND DRAINED AND 1 CAN OF STEWED TOMATO, 2 TSP OF OREGANO, 2 TSP OF BASIL, 2 TSP OF THYME, (CAN USE FRESH OR DRIED), SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE,2 CUPS OF FAT FREE VEGATABLE BROTH (CANNED OR FRESH)AN 4 CUPS OF WATER.

PUT BROTH AND WATER IN STOCK POT, PEEL AND CUT IN CHUNKS ALL THE VEGS. LEAVE THE GARLIC GLOVES WHOLE AND ADD THEM ALL TO THE BROTH AND WATER, COOK COVERED ON MED. TILL ALL THE VEGGIES ARE SOFT. WHILE THAT IS COOKING IN A SEPARATE SAUCEPAN, COOK BEANS (AFTER YOU DRAIN AND RINSE) AND CAN OF STEWED TOMATO , OREGANO, BASIL AND THYME, AND BRING TO BOIL. LOWER HEAT ON IT AND USE AN IMMERSION BLENDER OR PROCESSOR AND PUREE THE BEANS AND STEWED TOMATO, TILL COMPLETELY PUREED. PUT ASIDE. WHEN POT OF VEGATABLES ARE ALL SOFT AND TENDER PUREE THAT WITH THE EMMERSION BLENDER OR PROCESSOR. THEN ADD THE PUREED BEAN MIXTURE TO THE VEGATABLES AND STIR AND BLEND AND THEN COOK ON SIMMER ANOTHER 1/2 HOUR. WHILE THAT IS SIMMERING, I LIKE TO STEAM EXTRA VEGATABLES SUCH AS CARROTS, STRING BEANS, POTATO'S AND WHEN THEY ARE TENDER, I ADD THEM TO THE SOUP, WHICH MAKES IT TASTE MORE LIKE A STEW. IT IS THICK , AND THE ADDED WHOLE VEGATABLES MAKE IT DELICIOUS. THIS RECEIPE MAKES ENOUGH TO FEED 8 PEOPLE AND IT FREEZES GREAT FOR UP TO THREE MONTHS, FOR THOSE QUICK NEEDED MEALS. I LOVE THIS AND I KNOW YOU WILL TOO. IT DOESN'T HURT MY COLON AND KEEPS EVERYTHING RUNNING REGULARLY, AS GOOD FIBER DOES... YOU CAN EVEN ADD ELBOW MACARONI IF YOU WANT, BUT YOU DON'T REALLY NEED IT , IT IS GREAT JUST TE WAY IT IS WITH ALL THE VEGATABLES...ENJOY....ADVANTAGELEE

Edited by advantagelee12 (02/01/03 06:26 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: full of fiber vegatable soup new
      #261 - 02/01/03 06:57 AM
pamk

Reged: 01/29/03

This sounds wonderful! I'm going to make up a batch this weekend. Thanks!

Re: full of fiber vegatable soup new
      #311 - 02/02/03 04:35 PM
advantagelee12

your very welcome. I just finished a bowl.. Hope you enjoy it.....advantagelee12

no yolks , cholesterol free, low fat and sodium egg noodle substitutes new
      #426 - 02/05/03 12:18 PM
advantagelee12

heather,
what do you think about using the no yolk egg substitute noodles. I personally have had to give up eggs with the yolks because of my ibs. I could eat pasta, but eating egg noodles really gave me bad attacks. I really love to use noodles for all the vegetables I now eat for the fiber. Then I found this product , the no yolk noodles and I tried it and I didn't get an attack. I think everyone who likes to eat noodles should give this a try. If you agree that is......

Pamk- re: veg. soup new
      #428 - 02/05/03 12:20 PM
advantagelee12

Hi PamK,
I was wondering if you tried the full of fiber vegetable soup and how you liked it. Did you have any trouble making it?

Edited by advantagelee12 (02/05/03 12:24 PM)

Re: Sounds great! new
      #429 - 02/05/03 12:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've tried these too and thought they were wonderful. I have really good luck with just about every kind of pasta, and I'm so glad to see there are more egg yolk-free options appearing on the market.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Tried this and it is delicious! new
      #10901 - 06/05/03 07:17 PM
Gretchen

Reged: 05/30/03
Loc: Muncy, PA, USA

I just made this soup yesterday (it's been very cold here in Pennsylvania this June!). It is so easy to make and it is so tasty! I pureed it in the blender, just to be on the safe side for my belly. It is so thick and satisfying. My husband and my son love it also. Good thing it makes such a big batch! I am already looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow.

Gretchen

Advantagelee... new
      #10910 - 06/05/03 08:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

This recipe sounds delicious!

Could you take your CAPS LOCK button off before you type in a post? It's really hard to read all capital letters...

Thanks,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12360

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review