All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Recommend low calorie IBS safe dessert ?
      #255292 - 03/30/06 05:09 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have to bring dessert to a friend's place for a dinner party next week- Was thinking of doing ADB's but wondered if anyone had any better ideas for me?

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Recommend low calorie IBS safe dessert ? new
      #255581 - 03/31/06 01:46 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

HanSolo's Pineapple Angel Food Cake is delicious, different, and ridiculously easy.

I also like the Mocha Angel Food Cake recipe I posted a while back.

HanSolo's recipe talks about making angel food cake in cupcake tins. If you made one recipe of Pineapple Angel Food cupcakes of the pineapple and one recipe of Mocha Angel Food cupcakes, they would make a nice unusual dessert platter.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Banana bread recipe without butter new
      #255585 - 03/31/06 02:16 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I don't know how low calorie this is per se. However it is a pretty safe recipe that after eatting it all week I haven't had any problems at all. Plus it's damn good too..

INGREDIENTS:
· 4-5 ripe bananas, mashed
· 2/3 cup white sugar
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8x4 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the eggs and sugar. Stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined, then fold in the chopped nuts (optional). Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 65 minutes or until bread tests done. Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minute, then remove from pan and cool completely. Slice and serve.

Everyone's triggers are different and personally I don't like eating walnuts and I know some people on this board can't handle reg flour and i'm sorry I don't know what would be a substitue for it. Otherwise I hope everyone enjoys because I know my family and I definatly do.. (plus it's really really easy to make, this was the first time I made banana bread and I had no idea what I was doing)

I love the peppermint fudge cake... new
      #255606 - 03/31/06 04:44 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I like it made the day before...the peppermint is a lovely touch.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 425 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4020

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review