Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

This works dairy free! from Cuisine magazine:

Cinnamon Roll coffee cake
stir together:
3/4c brown sugar
1/4c soy milk
pinch of sugar
place in a 9 inch round cake pan sprayed with Pam and sprinkle on 2/3c chopped pecans, toasted first if desired

For streusel: in food processor, process until crumbly:
1/2c brown sugar
1/3c flour
3T margarine
1 1/2T cinnamon
1/4t salt

whisk together:
3/4c soy milk soured with 1t cider vinegar
1/2c egg beaters
1t vanilla
dash of butter flavoring if desired

sift together:
1 1/2c flour
1/2t powder
1/2t soda
1/2t salt

Cream together:
4T margarine
3/4c sugar

then add when above is creamed:
1/4c applesauce

alternately add flour mixture and soy milk mixture to margarine sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour.

Pour almost half of the batter into the pan, do not disturb the pecans. Top with almost half of the streusel. Add the rest of the batter and then the rest of the streusel. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until pick comes clean. Cool 5 minutes on rack. Run knife around edge of pan and invert onto plate. Do not wait longer to remove from pan or caramel will harden.
Do not add applesauce until margarine and sugar are creamed or the margarine will be chunky. Mine was still ok but might have been better. I expect this will be very sweet for morning and I plan to have my normal maltomeal and have the cake later. It is still a bit high in fat but relatively safe. The original recipe had 26g fat per serving. Serves 10.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

this is a winner! new
      #230599 - 12/10/05 12:59 PM
Little Minnie

I don't think anyone could tell it was IBS safe. I told hubby later and he said he wished he had eaten more of it. My brother in law wolfed it down. I wonder what he'd say if he knew it had soy milk and applesauce in it. I highly recommend.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Two questions LM new
      #232933 - 12/20/05 04:04 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

1. How many eggwhites instead of eggbeaters?
2. What makes it taste like coffee cake?

Sounds yummy, definitely one that I will try.

--------------------
S.

Re: Two questions LM new
      #232976 - 12/20/05 08:03 PM
Little Minnie

4 egg whites equal 2 eggs which is 1/2c egg beaters. I am not sure what you are asking about coffee cake. You know it doesn't mean it tastes like coffee? A coffee cake is a thing you eat with coffee maybe is also called a breakfast cake or something.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1839

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review