All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Apple Pie Jam - safe?
      #230238 - 12/08/05 04:50 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

This is soooo yummy and I don't seem to have a problem with it, I really wanted to share!! BTW, I didn't add any raisins.

Apple Pie Jam: (From Kraftfoods.com)

4 cups prepared fruit (about 1 lb. Granny Smith or other tart green apples)
1-1/4 cups water
1/2 cup raisins
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1 box SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
1/2 tsp. butter or margarine (optional)
4 cups granulated sugar, measured into separate bowl (See tip below.)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

BRING boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot, soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.

PEEL and core apples; finely chop or grind. Add water and raisins. Measure exactly 4 cups into 6- or 8-quart saucepot. Stir in lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice.

STIR pectin into fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.

STIR in all sugars quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon

LADLE quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches; add boiling water if needed. Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review