All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
tuna noodle casserole
      #23 - 01/23/03 11:40 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

There are lots of good safe tuna noodle casserole recipes out there--here's one. Actually, let me qualify that: I have a high tolerance for vegies, especially cooked ones. So if there's anything in this casserole you can't eat, leave it, substitute it, parboil it, whatever you need to do to make it safe for YOU.

This wasn't originally my recipe, but 1) I've changed it significantly and 2) I won't post a stranger's e-mail address on a public board--just know that if you're reading this recipe and recognize it as your own, you have my thanks .

Chicken or Tuna Noodle Casserole

2 cups yolk-free egg noodles
1/4 small onion, diced
1/4 carrot, diced
1/4 stalk celery, diced
Nonstick spray
Leftover cooked chicken or 1 small can tuna fish
2 mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 15-ounce carton Imagine Creamy Mushroom Soup
Salt
Bread crumbs

Bring some salted water to a boil and boil the noodles until tender. Drain and set aside. Saute the onion, carrot, and celery in a sprayed skillet until the onion is translucent. Turn off the heat and add the tuna fish or chicken. Add the mushrooms, peas, and noodles, then pour in soup to taste and mix gently. You will not need the whole carton of soup. Salt to taste and put in an 8-by-4-by-2-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven until it is bubbly–-approximately 20 minutes. Enjoy! Serves 2.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: is the Imagine creamy mushroom soup dairy-free? new
      #25 - 01/24/03 11:46 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I know I've seen that brand at health food stores but I don't think I've ever tried it. I have tried some fabulous health food brands of "creamy" mushroom or squash soups that didn't have any cream or dairy in them at all. Is that what this one is? The recipe sounds great!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#30 - 01/24/03 03:58 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Yes, it is dairy-free. Imagine also makes a delicious dairy-free tomato soup. I haven't tried their other flavors.

#44 - 01/25/03 12:43 PM
Will

Reged: 01/25/03
Loc: Seattle, Wa

You guys must never have tried the creamy corn soup by Imagine or you'd be raving about it. I think I could live on this stuff. I just toast some sour dough bread, warm up a bowl in the microwave and, well, you know how it is when you go to sleep sometimes thinking about what you'r going to eat the next day.

#186 - 01/30/03 03:27 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Thank you. I didn't realize the soup was dairy free. I belong to a natural food coop and they have the soup. They usually label foods as dairy free in the catalog but they didn't for these soups. I may have to try it in those old casserole recipes we used to enjoy.

#23946 - 10/19/03 10:43 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Believe it's made from soy. Saw it at the supermarket by the makers of Rice Dream milk, etc. ---- www.imaginefoods.com. LOL.....happen to have the carton right here!!!!!! (of the milk , that is). It's so YUMMY! Gonna go make a bananna smoothie if I ever get off the computer.

It's in a carton the same size & shape of the Rice Dream milk, but think the cr. of mush was in a brownish carton and the cr. of broccoli was in a green one. Didn't notice a corn chowder there.....but that wouldn't be for me anyway so I just may have overlooked it.

Marnie

Re: is the Imagine- GO TO www.imagine.com.re rice/soy new
      #23948 - 10/19/03 10:56 PM
marnie

Hi,
It has a store locator by state and some great sounding recipes inc. a cr. of mush., corn chowder, cr. of potato, etc.

Marnie

Re: tuna noodle casserole/ & For State Locations of soy/rice products & recipes,,,,www.imaginefoods.com new
      #23950 - 10/19/03 11:08 PM
marnie

Tess,

Thanks. Sounds yummy. Love cr. of mush soup and tuna.....so natch love tuna noodle casserole. I just posted www.imaginefoods.com which has a store locator and some great sounding recipes.....including cream soups.

This is the maker of the Rice Dream products & soy cr. of mush. soup, etc.

Marnie

#23978 - 10/20/03 09:40 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yes, the Imagine foods soups are dairy-free! I discovered them early this year, and I'm so glad I did. I have tried their creamy butternut squash soup and potato leek soup, and both were very good, although the squash was pretty bland until I added some seasonings. I also have a carton of the creamy tomato and mushroom soups, but haven't tried them yet. They say on the mushroom soup package that it can be used in place of cream of mushroom soup, so I've been meaning to try that! As for corn chowder, I also avoid corn, so if there was corn chowder I probably just looked past it, too.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Imagine creamy mushroom soup new
      #23986 - 10/20/03 10:22 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I used some of the Imagine creamy mushroom soup a couple of weeks ago in the crock pot with boneless skinless chicken breasts & carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms. It was pretty good. I could have thickened it up with some water/cornstarch to make it more of a gravy, but I was too impatient and just it ate it as is, which was still pretty good.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 360 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14774

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review