All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help - Tofu
      #213803 - 09/16/05 06:54 AM

Unregistered

Does anyone have a good yet easy recipe for Tofu? I have never cooked with Tofu before!! I bought some Nasoya Organic Tofu but really don't know what to do with it. Any good suggestions? The package says extra firm - great for frying, grilling and sautéing. Thanks for the help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help - Tofu new
      #213980 - 09/16/05 09:28 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Hi Pril.
I eats lots of tofu and it can be taste good if you make it right. The first thing to do is go out and buy a bottle of tamari sauce (it's in with the soy sauce, and I think it's actually a kind of soy sauce, you'll probably want the low sodium kind). Do you grill? You can cube it and soak it in a marinade of tamari and teriyaki sauce and do shish kebobs (this can be done in the oven on broil too).

I have a fantastic recipes somewhere with tamari... and here's one I've posted on here before (a lot of work, but it's yummy!)

Gingered snow peas with tofu, cashews and asparagus

2/3 cup cashews
12 oz. Snow peas, stemmed and tough strings removed
2 TBS. Tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBS. Peeled and finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
12 oz. pre-seasoned baked oriental-style tofu, cut into half inch cubes (but it's better if you use regular tofu marinated in teriyaki sauce and broiled until brown and slightly crispy)
steamed asparagus
3 TBS. Water
cooking spray
cooked rice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cashews on cookie sheet until lightly toasted. 10-12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, turning often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Put in bowl.
3. Add snow peas to skillet and stir fry 1 minutes. Add water, tamari and ginger. Stir fry 1-2 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook.
4. Stir in tofu, cashews and asparagus and heat through.
5. Serve over cooked rice.

Teriyaki tofu with garlic-broccoli new
      #213981 - 09/16/05 09:42 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

olive oil cooking spray
one pound tofu
3/4 c. low-sodium tamari
1 pound broccoli
rice

Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 c. low-sodium tamari
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 - 1 tablespoon finely chopped (peeled first) fresh ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coate a baking sheet wth olive oil spray. Drain tofu dry and blot dry. Cut tofu horizontally into thirds, and then into short strips. Lay tofu on baking sheet so that none are touching. Coat strips completely with tamari. Bake 45 mins.

Meanwhile, mix teriyaki sauce ingredients and set aside.

Prepare rice. Steam broccoli (or microwave or however you normally cook it)

Spoon teriyaki sauce over cooked tofu strips. Drain excess sauce from baking sheet. Broil tofu for 5-10 minutes (broil setting on oven) until well browned (check frequently).

Serve tofu and broccoli over rice.

Re: Teriyaki tofu with garlic-broccoli new
      #214003 - 09/17/05 07:31 AM

Unregistered

Thank you so much!! I am going to give this a try - sounds good. Yes, I do love to grill food. I appreciate the help! Thanks again!

Re: Help - Tofu new
      #214004 - 09/17/05 07:34 AM

Unregistered

thank you so much! I appreciate your help! I will give this a try as it sounds wonderful as well.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5445

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review