All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
EASY Potato Soups
      #2126 - 03/07/03 04:18 PM
LLL

Reged: 01/30/03

Preface: I am not a cook. These recipes arose from my need to make super-quick, easy, safe meals based on Heather's suggestions. No measurements are included b/c they are easily adjusted based on how much you want to make. Read at your own risk.

Sweet Potato Soup
Pour a couple bags of frozen organic sweet potatoes in the crock pot. Pour in a couple boxes of fat free veggie broth. Shake in some spices (salt, black pepper, cayenne - take your pick). Sometimes, I add carrots. Don't forget to turn the pot on. Do your day. Mash with a potato masher when you get home. Dump in some jasmine rice. Enjoy!

ShroomTato Soup
Peel and chop some organic russets and toss them in the crockpot. Pour in a couple boxes of Fat Free mushroom broth. Add some TVP. Add some spices (pepper, garlic salt, parsley, whatever you like). Put some mushrooms in, if you have them. Turn on the pot. Voila! Instant dinner when you get home. Serve with bread, soy sour cream, BacO's and soy parmesan or shredded cheddar.

Notes: There's obviously endless variation for these soups. Sometimes, I use real sweet potatoes and actually peel and chop. Sometimes, I throw in Minute Rice or chile powder or onions and garlic. When life's really hectic, I'll throw all the ingrediants in a big pot on the stove, boil it up and call it quick-soup. Always makes a great lunch on these cold winter days, too.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: EASY Potato Soups new
      #2129 - 03/07/03 05:16 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

LLL - That was great! I needed to laugh so much today. Where are you located (state or country) and why are your days so hectic??

I'm going to try these recipes soon before our cold weather gives in to warm weather. We love soups. I'll post when I've tried them.

Welcome aboard, LLL.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: EASY Potato Soups new
      #2368 - 03/10/03 12:54 PM
LLL

Reged: 01/30/03

I hail from Portland, Oregon where "rain happens." After Law School, I decided practicing wasn't so great for my tum, even though my doctor labeled me as "highly-functioning" (first time he said that, I thought "did he just say hardly-functioning, yep, that's about right). The LLL stands for Laughing Law Librarian. I guess it's that "law" part that always makes my days hectic. But, hey, at least I'm functioning. I know b/c there's soup in the crockpot (whether I turned it on is a whole 'nother story).

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 287 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10021

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review