All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BBQ Portabello Mushrooms
      #208887 - 08/26/05 01:59 PM
New Cook

Reged: 05/10/05

I was recently given a superb recipe from a cousin that is a great way to do Portabello Mushrooms. Soak 2-3 medium or 2 large potrabello mushrooms in a marinade consisting of 1/2 Cup Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar and two tablespoons of either Worcestshire sauce or Maggi for 3-4 hours turning occasionally. Then on BBQ rack about 4 inches from a medium flame place the mushrooms fin side down first and also turn occasionally(depending on your BBQ - I use a propane BBQ as they are easier to control the heat) you'll know when they are done as they get softer but not mushy tho'. Everything in this dish is used somewhere in Heather's recipe book with the exception of Worcestershire sauce. I have tried both Maggi and Worcestershire and neither affects my IBS-D. Still BBQ weather in the Rockies until the end of Sep and since this so delicious (and easy) will do it over and over again. Will try broiling on a rack in a pan this winter in the oven. Almost forgot remove the stem as they are tough and I trim the skirt a little so that the fins sit flat in the marinade.
Enjoy, John.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1202

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review