Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BROILED TUNA WITH ROSEMARY BUTTER
      #203685 - 08/08/05 05:48 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

BROILED TUNA WITH ROSEMARY BUTTER
Serve with: Couscous with lentils. Dessert: Purchased lemon cheesecake. Or Heather's safe cheesecake recipe!

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature use much less, and a soy / safe substitute
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
4 6-ounce ahi tuna fillets (each about 1 1/2 inches thick)
Olive oil
4 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices sourdough baguette I kept it simple with regular toast

Mix butter, rosemary, and mustard in small dish. Season with salt and pepper.

Preheat broiler. Brush tuna on both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread some rosemary butter on 1 side of each baguette slice. Broil tuna to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Broil baguette slices until beginning to brown, about 1 minute per side. Top each tuna fillet with dollop of rosemary butter. Serve with baguette slices.

Test-kitchen tip: Tuna dries out if it is overcooked, so many people prefer this meaty fish still slightly pink in the center. Check doneness by using a sharp knife to make a small cut in the center of the fillets.

Makes 4 servings.
Bon Appétit
October 2003

This came out so juicy and delicious. I rubbed it with olive oil, salt, and lots of pepper, broiled it for 5 min on each side. You might want a little less cooking time if you are using fresh fish -- mine had been frozen. After it came out, I topped it with a little of the butter/mustard mix, spread the rest on the toast, and it was fabulous. If you are ever in the mood for a big juicy steak, just make this recipe and pretend. It totally satisfied my meat cravings!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 547 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1244

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review