All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tummy-friendly risotto
      #202137 - 08/03/05 01:18 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

My fibro supplements are giving me D, so I'm sticking to mostly safe foods at the moment. Made up this risotto on Sunday night, for something a little different than plain rice or pasta. The liquid cooks the carrots enough to make them soft and tolerable, but also adds some nutrition.

3 cups liquid (I did 1 1/2 C vegetable broth, 1 1/2 cups rice milk to add some nutrition)
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
few handfuls shredded carrots
salt and pepper to taste

Bring the 3 cups of liquid to a boil. Put the rice in another pot, heat for 1-2 minutes, making sure none of the rice sticks or burns. Add a few ladlefuls (about 1/2-1 cup) of the boiling liquid to the rice. Turn the liquid down to simmer. Stir the rice until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Add the carrots. Continue to add liquid and stir in a similar manner until all 3 cups of liquid are absorbed. Season to taste. Serves 2-4.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

try this one too... new
      #202153 - 08/03/05 01:54 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

That sounds great. I ate some roasted carrots yesterday and realized I should incorporate more of them into my diet.

Try this Salmon risotto recipe too. It's delish. I haven't tried the first one mentioned in the post but the second one is yummy AND you add all the liquid at once, so it's really easy. salmon risotto

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review